3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH Wesley special  (Read 574 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH Wesley special
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
I know I'd love to get a chance to shoot one like this one but if I did I'd have o make sure the arrow spine was perfect and I'd have to do something to protect the bow since the arrow would be shot off my hand.

Dick in Seattle said he made some Hill style bows without a self.(How cool is that? Way! I'm saying..)

If we had one like that David either one of us could shoot it...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Hi, Mudd.....    funny you should mention.   I'm currently making an all bamboo under clear glass (even the riser is all bamboo!) Hill style and for reasons we won't go into, I had to grind the blank down to narrower than I had planned.   So, I'm looking at it and thinking how cool it would look as a no shelf, shoot off the hand bow, with a riser wrapped in leather thong.   It's an extreme string follow design off an old form I just rebuilt.   Not sure whether I'll go with the no shelf or not, but it would be an interesting bow... Ought to look like Howard's old wood bows...

Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
I want to be the 1st to offer to do your testing for it Dick. As an old self bow shooter I could run it through it's paces no problem...lol

I like how it's looking!! I didn't have glass on the one I made so it's string follow eventually got to the point it's cast was terrible but it started out just like yours.

I kind of hate it that my lung doctors said "No more!" You make building those slick little "Hill like" bows look like fun.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Dick,Just like Mudd said,that is a cool looking bow,Curious as to how it shoots,keep us posted.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©