3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: did i make a HUGE mistake????  (Read 2044 times)

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: did i make a HUGE mistake????
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by ronp:
Reading all this makes me think I should be looking for a 68" longbow, maybe around 45# at 28".  I thought I was done buying bows.  Thanks Mark.     :thumbsup:  
your welcome. cant have to many bows.  think i might start saving up for another soon haha. going to wait until i go to the denton hill shoot so i can try out some other people bows. i shoot with a group up there and hte one guy has a TON of recurves and long bows. so ill be trying his out and seeing what i think about a shorter long bow.  bows are like a drug i swear. between my compound and this trad stuff im going broke haha
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by 7 Lakes:
I noticed you shoot 3 fingers under.  The shorter the bow the less you are going to like the finger pinch.  

I'm 5'9" and I can make any length bow I want.  My personal bows are 66".
ya i hear ya. the 64" longbow felt much better to me over all compared to the 60" recurve i have. i want to try out a 62" longbow and see how that feels. but will have to wait until summer. by then ill have lots of money and will have to find something to spend it on haha

Offline pernluc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Its all just personal preference really. Just shoot the p!ss out of it and youll be  just fine.
Afterall what is life without  a little salt! Life English!

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
66"  to me is the PERFECT longbow length and my draw is 27"  

does not matter the design with me it has to be at least 64" its perfect at 66" and no longer than 68"  

don't take this the wrong way but I bet your friends are in that group on the 3D course who all shoot the same type of bow,,, your fine all day long with a 66" hybrid longbow and your draw and thats all you have to do is out shoot a few of your buddies and soon they will have a 66" in bow too trust me.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
Are you a Black Knight Mark? I graduated from Windsor JrSr High in 89! Glad to see some up and coming trad shooters in my home town. I assume by hybrid bow you mean a reflex deflex longbow design? Hopefully the majority rule here is making you feel comfortable with you new bow. You shouldn't have any problems if you can draw it comfortably. Get it, shoot it and enjoy it. Saw lots of deer sign when I was home for the Holidays so there shouldn't be a shortage of opportunity to test it out next season!

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Steve Kendrot:
Are you a Black Knight Mark? I graduated from Windsor JrSr High in 89! Glad to see some up and coming trad shooters in my home town. I assume by hybrid bow you mean a reflex deflex longbow design? Hopefully the majority rule here is making you feel comfortable with you new bow. You shouldn't have any problems if you can draw it comfortably. Get it, shoot it and enjoy it. Saw lots of deer sign when I was home for the Holidays so there shouldn't be a shortage of opportunity to test it out next season!
yup i graduated in 09.  things seems to be getting better in the woods latly the land i hunt has been awsome the last 2 seasons. bucks running all over and really active, i dont have to think am I going to see a deer just whens one going to pop out. never use to be like that on that property. would love to arrow one with trad gear.  i live in west windsor by the mcdonalds if you know where that is.

anyways i got a emial from the guy and we ran into a issue. the riser had a check in it.  just got another emial with pics of the new one he made and it looks great, its all formed and sanded and tillering is finish.  just has to buy finish for it.  think i might have it with in 2 weeks. i cant wait

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©