3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BearT/D limbs  (Read 648 times)

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BearT/D limbs
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
I have a set of Limbs on order from Brandon. Mine are due in July. I can't wait!!

I am going to have a set of 60# on a B Handle and a set of 65# on a B Handle for sale soon. They are both Green Tips. One set is in the original box. They are going to be reasonably priced. Would rather see them being used than sitting on a shelf.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
When I asked Brandon about his #1 limbs on an A riser with a 29" draw, he advised against it..
Kinda shut me off on him and his limbs. 1. I know the reasons for a longer limb or longer bow with a long draw, but get along just fine with a Kodiak Mag which is only 52"  No reason to think a 56" bow wouldn't work.
2. If he doesn't feel his limbs can take the heat, I guess I'll keep shooting my old Bears.. No problem with them at that draw length.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
ive shot the schafer, RER, and rose oak replacement bear limbs and the rose oak are without a doubt the smoothest, fastest, and best ones with the schafers 2nd and the RER third.  i cant say enough about the rose oaks...WOW!
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
Ref the limb values question: I had a set of new 52# Bear limbs, never used from about 2 years ago. I advertised for $275, had no offers, I just sold them for $250. They were also fast flight capable.
I have been able to buy the old white limbs in low poundage (40 and under) for $100-$150 per set. Black glass limbs in poundages of 50 and over are more in demand and bring more money.
I have no personal experience with the other limb makers values, never seen any for sale. But they do look great. I also have a set of the rare longbow limbs for the takedown. Value of those can be high, they are ugly, but rather rare and hard to find.
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©