3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Palmer double carbon - Pictures added.  (Read 651 times)

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
Palmer double carbon - Pictures added.
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Guys,

I've been shooting my Quinn recurve lately and it shoots great.  However, I decided to shoot a few with my 60" 44@28" (I draw 29") Palmer double carbon and that thing is literally a rocket launcher.  My arrow weighs 517 grains and it was really flying and hitting the 3d target really hard.  I almost thought I was shooting a compound.  

Great shooters those Palmers.  I've got two that I bought new from Mike about nine years ago and they have been a real pleasure to shoot.  They draw so smooth too.

I think I may get out to my deer lease in Goliad, Texas and try and shoot a pig or two.

Moon
Moon

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Palmer double carbon - Pictures added.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
got any pics of your palmer?
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline TexasTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
I actually just bought a Palmer double carbon used last week.  62" and 50@28.  It is very fast.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
I currently have three, at least till the check arrives for one. They are great bows.Very fast ,smooth and dead in the hand. The only reason I'm not shooting them now is I picked up a bow that I had always wanted since I first started hunting. When I'm done with it the Palmers come back out.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
one of the few bows that came through my house that I never sold or traded is my Palmer classic 50@27,,, people do have some issues with the company and/or bow but me personally I love mine.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Sorry but I don't have any pics of mine now.  They both have my name on them and they're engraved with a bull elk (single carbon) a dreamcatcher emblem (double carbon) and the Palmer logo.

I bought my oldest son one in 04. It's a 62" 48@28" single carbon and I don't think it's been shot more than 60 times.  Although he is a better shot than I but school and work take up most of his time now.

I'm aware of the issues others have had, but I have never had one problem with mine.  Additionally, whenever I dealt with Mike and his wife Nancy they were always very friendly.

If a Trad Slam appears for sale in the classified in a 60" 47@28" I may consider buying it...along with everyone else I'm sure.

Moon
Moon

Offline MAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
I have 3 Palmers, all single carbon.  Mike actually said there wasn't much of a gain with the double.  That's why the new trad slam is a single.  I have one of those too.  Try as I might I can't find a better bow.

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
What issues are you guys talking about? I was thinking about ordering one and it got me thinking now...
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
I had the double carbon limbs but i sent them back for single carbon limbs. For me the double carbon limbs were to flimsy. In fact at the Muzzy shoot back in 2004 I was moving the bow around in my truck by the end of the limb and it unstrung and put the limb through my trucks passenger window. LOL
I love my Palmer and it is basically all i shoot. I even have another one ordered at 8lbs less draw that I should get this spring.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »
I bought a Trad Slam used a few months ago and have been shooting it regularly. No issues other than it shoots better than I can. I always know it's my fault when the arrow doesn't go where I want.

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Moon

Hog hunting? I didn't get an invite.  :dunno:  

Just kidding. Im glad your shooting your recuve.

Take care

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
I have a classic that left my hands and I got it back a month ago after almost 10 years. It is still in great shape and one of the best shooting recurves I have owned. I shot my biggest PA mountain buck with that bow and it feels good to have in back. I too am looking for a another one that is in the 45lb at 28 inch range or a set of limbs.    :pray:    If anyone has a single carbon or trad slam they want to move in that weight range give me a shout. They were high performance bows than and still are.tom
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Mine was "pre"carbon and really launched an arrow.....One of the bows that always fits my hand and shoots where I look......I may pick up another some day.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Where's that "This post is no good without pictures" picture?
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Well, I finally learned how to load pictures on here.  Here are the pictures of my two Palmers and my Bob Lee.  The far left one is double carbon 60", 43 @28" (scales 44@28"), the center is single carbon 60", 43@28" (scales 46@28"), the far right is Bob Lee Signature 60", 44@28 (scales 46@28").  I also have a Quinn Stallion 60", 46@28" that holds it's own with these bows too - not pictured.  

All from Texas bowyers and I would like to add either a PSA II 60", 47@28" or PCH II 58", 47@28".  I bought the Palmers new about 9 years, the Bob Lee new 5 years ago and the Quinn used about 1 year ago.  All great shooters and highly recommended.    

Moon

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
Nice Bows Moon- do you find the Palmers to be considerably faster than the Bob Lee and have you ever shot a Foley?
BCD

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by babs:
What issues are you guys talking about? I was thinking about ordering one and it got me thinking now...
Babs,, don't let what I said change your mind. some folks said Mike never returned their calls but I don't share that experience.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
BCD,

I would say it is a noticeable difference, but the Bob Lees are awesome bows and are really accurate hard hitting bows.  I have never shot a Foley but have seen them and they look to be a very well made bow.

Moon
Moon

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
The Foley I shot was an excellant shooting bow but it wasn't as fast as my Palmer.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by BCD:
Nice Bows Moon- do you find the Palmers to be considerably faster than the Bob Lee and have you ever shot a Foley?
I'm not moon but where I have both YES,,, I have both and my "older" 62" bob lee classic that is 3# heavier isn't even close with my palmer....  the Lee's are not to be messed with though they are great bows too and my opinion is the Lee has a better feeling grip but grips are a personal thing,, the newer lees may be pretty quick now too,

I've shot against some pretty amazing devoted Bob Lee shooters when I shot for score.
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©