3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quivers...  (Read 883 times)

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quivers...
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
I have tried a slip-on quiver on a few recurves, and a Great Northern detachable on a 3-piece take-down longbow.  I eventually tried a G. Fred Asbell quiver and that is all I have hunted with the last two years.  I don't like hunting in wind with a bow mounted quiver.  It affects my shooting too much.

I found the Asbell quiver is quiet and goes through brush very well.  I have an older Catquiver I don't use because a backpack and Asbell quiver is more versatile and easier to use.

As you can see from the replies, it comes down to personal preference.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline rabbit_buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Eagles Flight here also, they are light, durable, good looking and you cant beat the price......

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
I am still,after trying many different quivers,trying to decide which I prefer.My go to now is the possibles bag with 4 arrow quiver mounted on the bag.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Big Jim makes a nice strap on qiiver, and it is in the $50.00 price range.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
I like Kanati's. The only other I have experienced is a Thunderhorn.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online topGUN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
I have a Great Northern on my recurve and it is a great quiver. However, I recently picked up a GFA and am going to give it a try this spring. I am not sure there is a perfect quiver for all  situations. There are however perfect quivers for specific situations.

Jeff
52" Kodiak Magnum
54" Don Dow Stik
62" Mohawk
56" Kanati
58" JT Traditions Apollo 2

Online SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
I have a Kanati it stays in place very well and quites the bow down too!
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline Daniel F.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input, guys!
I guess I'll have to try several and figure out what works best for me.  I really like the look of the Eagle Flight Archery quiver, and the Kanati's.  Does Eagle Flight make a six arrow quiver?
"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me."
~Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson~

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Another vote for a Thunderhorn BOA. Very nice people to deal with and the'll make your quiver in any color you like, just send them a pic of your bow to match it!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
As for bowquiver I like the mini boa from 3Rivers, and for an off-the-bow quiver, I also really like the GFA style, it's very comfortable and easy to manuver thru brush or whatever. Hope this helps  :campfire:    :coffee:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
I've went through all listed above and for my uses the Kanati is hands down the best.  It is very well made and will last a lifetime or two, it quiets my bow, it fits tights and doesn't shift or slide on the limb, and all of my arrows have quick and easy access with minimal movement.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
About 40 years ago there weren't many choices and I was confused,today is mindboggling,so I spent alot of years buying and trying.At lasy count I think I own just about everything and even made some of my own.My use depends what I'm going to be doing,theres just to many situations and there are quivers to fit those needs.Thats the fun of it all!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
Bowwild has pretty spot on advice above. I like Great Northern or Kanati on the bow or GFA style off the bow. It depends on what I'm hunting. For whitetails, I like the quiver off the bow. I want no extra stuff waving around or any chance of bumping a feather or nock on something at a critical moment.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
another for Eagles Flight Archery (EFA) strap on quiver.  They are a sponsor here.  Ken

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
I hate them all, they are a necessary evil. I have tried just about all types out there, Ones that strap on, screw on, bolt on, hang from your shoulder, strap to your waste, fit in a back pack.

I have settled on two types a bolt on or strap on (both models thunder horn 4 arrow) and a 6 arrow shrew mantes from Ron LaClair's shop (a shoulder strap side quiver)

I do have to admit that I have never given a good back quiver enough time but they are just not for me.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I have a bow quiver that is new to me. It is on one of my Great Northern fireball bows. Yes you can tell it's on there but if you keep it on with the max amount of arrows but shoot a handful of other arrows, so the weight is at it's max you will start to get used to the weight.
My fav quiver is this one;

Everything goes in and everything comes out in under 60 seconds.
Thanks for your time.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I've tried a lot of them and like Kanati, from John Dill, the best.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Art Vincent and I co-designed a really nice side quiver which I field tested in Colorado (elk), Texas (hogs), plus extensive use on KY turkeys and whitetails.  It's become my favorite for still hunting, blinds, and treestand use. Has lots of common sense features. We call it the "Powderhorn Wilderness Stalker" and it's available from Cedar Ridge Leatherworks, a TG sponsor.

(Hit F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page if the photo fails to download.)

Gary Logsdon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©