3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bison Gear treestand pack....  (Read 352 times)

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
Bison Gear treestand pack....
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I hunt alot of public land and so I am always setting and taking down a stand, I use either a LW assault or Locon Limit and the LW sticks. I saw the treestand pack on the Bison gear site and its got my interest up. I know the quality is there with Bison gear but wanted to hear from guys that own one and use it a lot to comment on it. The one picture showed a good lookin hip belt and the ability to pack the sticks on the side. Im looking for something that will ride comfortable and be able to carry stands "back in a piece".Also wanted to know about extra pockets and the ability to carry extra clothes etc. Any comments/picture are appreciated!
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bison Gear treestand pack....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
Anybody?   :saywhat:

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
Yohon , i don't know about the treestand stuff but I have bought a bunch of gear from Angelo and its all very "user friendly " built with no extra frills just great gear ... So can't recommend the specific gear but can recommend Bison !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »
10-4 Ben, like I said never questioned the quality of BG, just after some specifics on this particular pack.   :thumbsup:

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
I have one and it works great for hauling stand and days hunting supplies. The storage pockets on mine would not hold gear plus clothing as they are not that big. I don't see any problem fitting a jacket inside the stand compartment with the stand if folded up it should fit within reason. The beauty of this pack is that it keeps everything quiet and no metal noises etc as brush hits stand while walking. The one I bought had a Lock on Limit inside of it. I have no problem fitting my Lone wolf Assult in it (I might have Assult/alpha mixed up) whichever Lone wolf is the small original size fits in it fine.
hunt it

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
I had one. It was top quality. I used the Loc on stand with it. You could carry plenty of clothes and other things in it. It did have the waist belt including some pockets. I carried my screw in bolts in it.

Kyle

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
I have a Loc On Limit and the same issues you do.

Always a pain to try and use any kind of pack plus carry your stand, and I rarely leave mine up in the woods.

I've been looking for years for a small daypack size pack I could use with or without carrying my stand. Tried fanny packs, but I never like them. A haversack is the best option I've found, but it's not the best when I am scouting for extended periods. Extremely thick where I hunt.

I think I have my problem solved, though. I ordered a Mystery Ranch Saddle Peak pack, which is a small internal frame pack designed for carrying skis or snowboards lashed to the back of it. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe it is going to solve my problems. I will let you know next week.

I do not use the sticks, just a 12" square bag with strap on steps in it (climb paws).

I looked at the bison gear, but I am not sold on the idea of using wool or soft material where I hunt. I like heavy cordura type material because it is the only stuff that seems to hold up around here. It is always wet, muddy, and I usually have to contend with briars and every kind of cocklebur there is.

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks guys...hunt it...thats my problem, all these new packs are way too noisy for me!!

Does the big upper compartment have any pockets inside or is it one open compartment?

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
PM Sent.

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
I been thinking about this treestand pack also. I'm bringing this back up.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
i was on there just looking at it and found the one called the houndsman, it looks great small, light almost like a possibles bag. dont say much about it hought...
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
Guys, I've come up with the perfect set-up for hauling around stands and carrying gear.  I bought a mystery ranch NICE frame and ther "load hauler".  I also have the 6500 pack.  You can leave the top bag on the frame and install the hauler.  Put your gear in the top bag and strap the stand in.  With the comfort of the adjustable pack frame with waist belt, a 20 lb stand carries like nothing.  When I'm going to be in the stand all day and want to take a thermos, food, etc. I'll strap a backpack to the back of the stand/hauler and go.  Little pricey but worth every penny.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
That's another good idea Jarrett.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
How many packs do you need Yohon!!

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
In my defense Steve I did make this post LAST January LOL......I think I have enough...for now;)

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Did you go with the Bison gear?
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
You know your the man when your ancient posts get resurrected a year later!! I don't even notice. I will admit that the search for the perfect pack is never ending. I have one or two myself.

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
WV...I ended up with the Eberlestock X2. I got my hands on a Bison pack and the quality was there for sure but it was BIG and I hunt alot of warm weather and figured I would cook with that against me LOL Im happy with the Eberlestock in so far as it ability to pack stand/stick and extra gear, I just wish it was as silent as my Kathy Kelly day pack!!!
My Loc-on Spirit and sticks fit in this pack like a glove and have been pretty happy with it. The built in frame makes the gear ride well and the long hikes alot better for sure!

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
Nice looks like the stand and stick fit perfectly together.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©