3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ladder stands  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
Ladder stands
« on: January 11, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
I am thinking about buying a ladder stand whats a good one?  :archer:
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline John D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ladder stands
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Littlejake, I have a Northstar for the life of me I can't think of the model, but it is compact, folds, carry on you back, lite, 15 ',
you can get exstentions, nice platfrom, and seat. I put it up in about 5 min, and the quality is really good, a bit pricey, but well worth the money.
Good Luck & Good Hunting!
John
COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS
PBS Associate Member

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
I've been switching over to more ladder stands and try to add one or two each year. As I get older I worry more and more about climbing trees, and ladders just seem to be more stable for me.  The ones I have been buying are certainly not light - I put them up and leave them there.  They are from Cabelas and are a 16' model.  The feature they have that I really like is that the seat flips up to be flat against the tree so that you can stand up with your back tight to the tree.  On most ladders without that when you stand your body is out away from the tree and I feel just sticks out too much.  The one I have been buying was on sale recently for $99.99.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline OkieJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Ladder stands are comfy and I'm agree with Whip on the age thing. I buy mine from Cabelas and try to get them on sale in the sping. They aren't light to carry so I use my deer hauler for the task and it works great getting them in or fairly close. I have 4 I leave up year round for the days I have just couple of hours to hunt. If you leave them up all year always check your rachett straps closely because the squirrels have chewed on some of mine.

Offline DeltaBuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Ladder stands are nice, but I cant keep my buddies out of them.  I put up lock-ons and most of them wont put forth the effort to get in them, but I do prefer the ease with which you can get into and out of a ladder. I would suggest buying the most comfortable one you can find.  The more comfortable you are, the longer you can sit
"Deeds cannot dream what dreams can do"...  E.E. Cummings

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Thanks Guys, probally wait an get one on sale.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline NJhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
You need to becarefull when shooting a recurve or longbow out of a ladderstand I had a clearance problem with my 64" recurve. the bottom limb would hit the side(in mycase the left side) of the ladder seat frame.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
Littlejake...also.  be careful putting one up the first few times...they can be somewhat dangerous.  They typically have some sort of wrap or tie at the level of the platform.  Hopefully it will have some means of attaching it to the tree from the ground level (a wrap of some sort) or you will need to balance on the way up until you actually tie it to the tree.  

Balancing is NOT the safest way to do it.
We have seen friends ride them down when they leaned back at the wrong time.
Be safe
ChuckC

Offline BTW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Loggy Bayou Bowhunter Ambush Ladder. Excellent stand. Has flip up seat. Angled side rails for bow clearance. Sections lock together. Has round tubing, which I feel is stronger. Great stand.

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »
I have three Rivers Edge stands and love them.  NJ is very correct!  I ALWYAS have help putting them up.
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©