3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2011 Ray Hammond thread  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2011 Ray Hammond thread
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:00 AM »
No snakes this time of year boys!

Doc- I'd be upset if you didn't come by at least for lunch!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
You Yankees go down there and represent. Keep DD away from the farm critters  and dillas and have a safe, memorable trip.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
All set to go,leave in a few hours and the excitement is building. Gotta go look at the weather channel .....lol!   :thumbsup:    :campfire:    :archer2:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
Ron,

If you guys haven't left yet....grab some pruners like you keep in your fanny pack for deer stand trimming.

I've got an idea for a couple of you!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
You all will have a great time at Ray's.  Hogs everywhere, more good food than you can eat - and Ray himself (a great host)
Mel Riley

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Hey Ray, do want us to trim some trails...lol!   :laughing:   I'll throw a pair in my bag!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Good Luck guys! Be safe and have fun.  Have a safe drive too.

I am off to the home for last minute touches in a while.  You guys will be in my thoughts in between tears.

Now go make me proud.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
It will be worth the trip. I have been twice and got 3 pigs.

Listen to Ray, keep your nose in the wind and go slow !

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Ron,

It's for hunting a specific place- still hunting in close quarters....have to be real quiet and cut some sticker vines on the edge to get to the more open middle areas.

Very thick with hogs this time of year. Not for the faint of heart because shots will be 5-10 yards but man there's nothing like it!!!!

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
No Hilton Head trip for me this year so I guess I'm on my own to book this one.  

I was told there were no snakes too, but that was the first ground living animal I saw when I got there.  Still, by Saturday afternoon I was out of the boots and into some thin slip-ons.  When Ray put shorts on, I knew I'd be fine.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline willob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Watch out for them rattle moccasin tree snakes!!!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Who's Ray Hammond??????????
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Whos Ray Hammond??? Why he only the most famousest of Yankee bowhunters ever to be born on Long Island,NY! Im surprised no one ever learned you of such facts.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
No "Biggie" the question is who is that guy posing with that big moose in the most recent edition of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine? Hope to be reading the story real soon. Ray Hammond is the pig master but "Biggie" is the moose master.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
Bill, you'll have to join PBS to read the story, it's in their recent issue 8-)

Ray is one of my bestest buds. We have been alot of places together. Since he got that Cpak, he doesn't snore anymore!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
went I got to Rays I didn't even think about snakes and gators,, I had muck boots and I went all through that place and never had a problem

but when you come close to a gator you can't see it or don't notice it (I think I still have some pics of the swamps when I was at rays if its cool to post them) and when it jumps or dives for cover it will litterly cause you to jump 10' out of your boots and then you have to rest until your heart slows back down me personally I had to sit down and almost use a fire ant hill as an arm rest which is just as bad...

Rays with Tony Sanders was a good time, good food and if I wasn't closing on a house 2/14 I'd be going too!  

click my name for a pic of the camp..
"Us vs Them"

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
Ray gots the sleep apnea!    :laughing:    
Sorry couldent resist.When I was at Rays there was a "disabled Vet" on the news who had recently lost his house in a tornado,or flood, whatever it was.When the news interviewed him the anker man made a big deal out of the man being a "disabled Vet".The whole time the guy is looking at the anker man like he dont have a clue what the anker man is talking about.Finaly the anker man asked the "disabled Vet" what was wrong with him.The man looked at the anker man with a puzzled look and said "Well, I's gots the sleep apnea".    :laughing:     :laughing:So that became the running joke throughout the weekend.That alone was worth the drive to S.C.
Bill

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
I wouldn't worry about them gators. SC gators don't get too big anyway

PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Gators? Pruners? Sticker Vines? Five Yard Shots at pigs? Man! I Wanna Go!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Pigmaster and Moose master's. Oh boy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©