3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2011 Ray Hammond thread  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2011 Ray Hammond thread
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Marty:
Biggie and Ray - you both know what you are "Masters" of! A man that misses as much as me at least is good enough to get shots! I'll keep tryin.
:biglaugh:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Marty, Its the shooting lessons I gave Biggie that has helped him the most. His ability to injun up on stuff like a crafty Lion is another matter.RC

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
I think Biggie and I both qualify as Masters of Disaster, Marty...

I did understand from the Bigster that you taught him many, many things about .... BAITING.

So again, I'm just sayin'.    :bigsmyl:    :wavey:    :jumper:
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
So Annnywayyyyyy Ray! Your next batch of NY Yankees are stone cold killers for sure so you better fence in the hogs you wanna keep for breeding stock.You southern folk sure dont mind hurtin each others pride now do you? Masters, Missers and Baiters! Your all downright crazy.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Marty can take it....he sure dishes it out plenty...he just keeps it low key on here..you should spend a few days in camp with him...he's a real pxxxer in person!

I've hired someone to cook the big meals so I can get out in the woods in future.... maybe I can kill a few hogs and qualify for Marty's list now?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Marty baited me up years ago with his pot roast. We've been buds ever since...

Izzy, it's not as bad as it sounds  8-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline L51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
One week from today, and I'll be there! Weather is looking great, the upper 50's is shorts and flip flop weather. Hope to be bringing home some boar.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
I'm not saying its uncalled for, I get a lot of laughs from it , I'm just sayin.see yall on cinco de mayo.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
one week and counting!  :campfire:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
Larry go slow and listen to what Ray tells ya, you'll do fine....watch the wind!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
Izzy I'm planning on going on April 9-11.  I'll be sure to leave a few around for ya.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
I'd like to state, that I've been to Ray's and 'next door' 5 times....and this is some of the best hog hunting you will find in SC.

If you happen to get an email from a Tony Green(he doesn't have PM anymore) that you shouldn't go....just for the record, this guy has a record of complaining.  I have a personal experience with it from Solana Ranch...where no one complains.  This guy shot more arrows than anyone the year he was at Solana  and he complained about shot opportunities.  Shot a buck he couldn't find, managed to kill two doe, don't know how many he shot at, and brought in the biggest hog I've ever seen taken at the ranch while I was there....and this guy had the nerve to come to me griping that he wasn't seeing enough game.

Sorry, but I'm just pissed, just found out Tony has been using Trad Gang's PM system to discourage folks from going to Ray's Hog Heaven saying there are no hogs there and I wont stand for it.....here's a few pics from my trips by myself and when I took Rob DiStefano(who I guided).  All these hogs were taken from the same property block from the same property owner of Ray's Hog Heaven.....

5 trips....6 hogs....so don't let anyone tell you there aren't hogs there.

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
No pigs at Rays????? Dang wish Mr.Green woulda told me before I killed this ugly armadillo. Seriously though, my Cuz and I lost track of how many pigs we saw.He missed a few shots and I came close to getting a few more and if I would have left them dang artifacts alone I know I would have killed at least one more pig but I was having too much fun. Im going back in May to see if I can find me one for sure.In fact as long as Old Ray will have me I plan to return annually and hope my 2 sons get their first big game hunts under their belts at Hog Heaven.Its as good a hunting camp as any in the hunting world and better than a whole lot of em.Rays a pretty good feller his own self!   :thumbsup:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
No worries,

I've heard far more good things from people I trust and respect, that I wouldn't pass it up.

Thanks for the heads up Terry! Nice hogs.

Besides, I know theres pigs at Rays!  Izzy shot one last year and Ron W. had one t 10 yards, the place must be crawling with them   :laughing:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Izzy....with this type of stuff.... the blatant off topic BS....and the silly antics of some......

I'm getting a low tolerance level.        :readit:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Icandraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
There's hogs at Ray's Hog Heaven!! I've seen them!  :readit:   And if you don't have a good time while your there, your just a stick in the mud!  :bigsmyl:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
Terry, TG is getting bigger by the day and its bound to run into undesirables. We,ll be alright, its just too bad you gotta take the time to weed these low lives out.    "[dntthnk]"

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Now wait a dang minute.....

Snakes?  Gators?  Oh my.....

Serious Q....what kind of footwear is recommended for MAY....lol?  Gaiters?

Elevated stands???....lol

Looking forward to spending a few days with Joe, his boys (fine young men....who rolled nowhere from the tree)....and Mr. Dill.

jeff

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
I cant imagine anyone who has hunted at Rays not being happy with shot opportunities. I'm embarrassed with how many I had and goofed one way or the other. We had a blast and will be going back. Ray is the kind that feels a responsibiity to his clients and by the time they leave they are friends.
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline L51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
I just spent a great weekend at Hog Heaven. Ray is a fantastic host and I saw hogs every single time I went out. I WILL be back!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©