3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tree saddle. Anyone shoot trad gear out of them ?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
Tree saddle. Anyone shoot trad gear out of them ?
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
Any one ? Hows that workout ? Ive got one that I hunt out of with a compound and now that im getting back into traditional equipment I was wondering how well it worked with canting longer bows.
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tree saddle. Anyone shoot trad gear out of them ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Works great! Been using one for a few years now.
I also have buddies that shoot 68" and 70" longbows out of them. It's all in how you set up.

chris <><

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
I used one almost excusively for a year because I really liked the concept and wanted to give it a fair chance. I thought it sucked in every way, but to each their own.
BCD

Offline lovethehunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »
I'm with onions, they can work great. The guys that turned Chris and me onto them modified then some with a padded platform as the seat, its a little easier on the hips. Didn't use mine this year but will again in 2011. One deer I shot from a small (6") tree. They are very versitle.

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
For me there is no problem shooting my 60 to 64 inch bows from them.  The hard part is being comfortable and staying still.  An explination of the padded platform might help or any other advice would be appreciated.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline Legolas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
I use a treesuit and love it. Use a 66in longbow and got an 8pt out of it. I am actually more comfortable all day in my ts than a conventional treestand.
Leg
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Check out this guy in these videos. He really knows how to use it. Wouldn't want to be a Deer in his hunting grounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzUcHZxG5c&feature=related
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Kool video.. I may have to get Me one of them. But then again I'm thinking of just being a ground hunter..

Offline Tradesmen4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Look into Guido's webb same idea, but don't need neepads. It has a standoff to keep you away from the tree. Waiting on mine. Greg
greg ketchum

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Very easy to shoot out of a TreeSaddle ! Easier than shooting out of a conventional stand to me.

However...... as uncomfortable as I was in a TreeSaddle I did not have to ever worry about a shot !Just could not sit still for more than 15 minutes without fidgeting. Guidos Web is far superior in my humble opinion. Lots of threads here on these type stands.
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
Love mine. I began using gaffs (as dangerous as it may be) to climb trees. The only thing I have trouble with is shooting off to my right (i'm right handed). I've never had a problem with comfort in mine.
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
I've been using one for 2 hunting seasons now and all my climbing stands are for sell or have already been sold.  I love mine!
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Have friends who swear by it.  I tried it for a season.

I was already a portable hunter so it did not change my style- I am already mobile.

Like others stated here- I really think I fidgeted more AND I had to physically move around more to position for the shot.  I think I get virtually the same shooting with less movement in the "traditional" treestand.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline NewtoTrad2008

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Those look pretty cool, gonna have to investigate them some more.
Kanati 56" 55#@26" missing :-(
Mohawk 64" 60#@28"
Ben Pearson KM Special 50#@28"
Matt

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
It looks like a good way for a big redneck like myself to end up hanging himself?
Or fall out while I was trying to get hooked in?

I think I'll keep my feet on a solid platform or on the earth.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline bicster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 05:42:00 AM »
I have used one for last two seasons with great success. This year I hunted with my Howard Hill and the long length wasn't an issue because you don't have a platform to work around for shots.

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
Not to traditional just kiding. When I hunter from tree stands. I found places way back I state ground and used one a few time's,to good luck 2 kills. Not very PRIMITIVE either. I hunt with selfbows and long bows are surpose to be canted. You won't have any problems.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by SEMO_HUNTER:
It looks like a good way for a big redneck like myself to end up hanging himself?
Or fall out while I was trying to get hooked in?

I think I'll keep my feet on a solid platform or on the earth.
:D    :D

Yep!
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Renaissance Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
For years I sold the original product called the Tree Sling from my Shoppe. Dozens of fellows are using them still.
I use to use mine a lot but only for short stints as it gets uncomfortable after awhile for me and you do tend to move around more in them. My friend Deano turned me on to them years ago, that guy was like a monkey and used them all the time. You can use them many ways and in any type or shape tree there is.. Mostly now I use it as my safety belt when I am in a tree stand and as a great deer drag when mother nature smiles on me.

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
Other than the lack of comfort, the biggest drawback I found was that they required excesseive movement to shoot to the right. I also didn't like having to wear knee pads. My lone wolf assault is just as light(if not lighter) than the saddle, so i just didn't see the advantages outweighing the disadvantages. I did purchase a treesuit after i sold the saddle and I do like that a little better from a comfort standpoint, but I don't use it much.
BCD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©