3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is it about longer bows that makes them forgiving?  (Read 2226 times)

Re: What is it about longer bows that makes them forgiving?
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
I guess the Ballenger custom would not have worked for you it had everything you wanted except it had clear glass.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Clear glass with purty veneers.  That would never work.   :saywhat:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
No just tonkin cane, it does have more of a reverse handle than the current models have, but no black glass.  Mikey would not let go of it anyway.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
I got my Model-T in the summer of 09. I planned to use it for 3-D and targets. It was 40# @28", 64" with carbon/foam core. It was a lot lighter weight than I usually shoot and the 64" length was also longer than I had shot for quite awhile.

The bow was a pleasure to shoot with light carbon arrows and it turned out to be very flat shooting. When hunting season rolled around I found myself without a shorter, heavier bow so I decided to hunt with the longer lighter weight bow. I found that it even shot arrows with 200-250gr up front very well at 20-25yd and I was confident it would do a good job on any whitetail.

In most cases the 64" bow worked out just fine. There was only one time when I lost a chance for a shot from my ladder stand because of the bows length. Had I had my 54 or 56" bow I'm sure things would have been different.

This past season I was back hunting with a 56" Classic Hunter with carbon/foam limb core. That bow is every bit as smooth and accurate as the longer bow in hunting situations while being more maneuverable and quicker to bring into action. I have found what works best for me and I won't be changing any time soon....     :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
I'd have to wear two pairs of socks to shoot a bow longer than 60"!

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »

.ppt] [/URL]

Click the left top 'X' to view an attached sketch depicting a longer bow vs. shorter fwd riser design bow. It appears quite possible than in many cases with a superior design and enhanced anti-twist rotation that the shorter bow may equal or surpass the longer bow as far as shootibiltiy.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©