3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about Greatree bows  (Read 428 times)

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone know anything about Greatree bows
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Greatree recurves?  I saw 2 in an archery shop that has primarily compounds.  I have a very good hunting recurve, but when I can afford something more, would like to get about a 40 # bow for working on form.  I seem to lose good form sometimes if I can't shoot for awhile.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone know anything about Greatree bows
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
I forgot to mention they were inexpensive, about $145.  The limbs were not perfectly square on the riser, that is they overlapped very slightly on one side, but otherwise seemed okay.  The grip actually fit my hand well.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
I sold them for awhile. They are a good bow for the price. I did see a few problems with the Volcano model recurves. They could not take any abuse in stringing, twisting the limbs caused delaminations. If not abused, they held up fine. This info is from bows from about 5 years ago, they may have made changes and improvements. The people at Greatree were good honest business people who stood behind their products. Never a problem with dealing with Greatree.
John

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Thanks for the info!
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
We have several of them on the 4H archery team I coach, all are good shooters, especially for the money, seem pretty tough. Our kids won the state championship with them, last 2  years running, against some of the high dollar bows, like Hoyt and PSE ILF bows. This would be a great bow to work on form, or to use in rehabing from surgery, etc.
samuel koger

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Thanks, Koger, and congratulations on the archery coaching wins!
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline ATXorion

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
3 months ago i bought the Great Tree Ridgefire TD 45#. This is my first recurve so i do not have much of a comparison. So far it is a solid bow. No complaints.

I really like the riser and my hand fits well with the grip. Going to take it hunting this weekend for the first time on white tails doe.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
I just bought one of their longbows and am very pleased with it. I bought it as a cheap beater but it shoots and looks as good as any longbow I ever had. Best $144 I ever spent.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
I have their "Solo Manchester" longbow with a light 35# draw.  Like you, I wanted to get a lighter pound bow to work more on form, and the price was comparatively affordable.  I've had it for almost a year, and it's been a blast to shoot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Hossmiller and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©