3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Foley or Palmer?  (Read 711 times)

Offline Lee Robinson .

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Foley or Palmer?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Go with either Foley or Bob Lee (very similar to Palmer, as they were partners during the Wing archery years).

I know of several people that had bad dealings with Mike Palmer. I don't know all the details on each one of those experiences, but I do know my own experience with him. I had a bad dealing with Palmer about 12-14 years ago that I won't forget. Forgive, yes...forget, no. I had a custom order double carbon Palmer Classic. Despite it only being a week old, Mike did not stand behind his product as he advertises. Service should be measured both before and after the sale.

Should one like that type of bow, Bob Lee on the other hand is TOP NOTCH in customer service.
Until next time...good shooting,
Lee

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
If all performance factors were equal, I'd go with the Foley just for looks, I've never liked the looks of the double bolt limb attachment on the Palmers.  Shot a Foley once and it was nice. I'm a little hesitant to judge a bow/bowyer based soley on comments from this web site or others,  but it seems like no matter what forum the topic of Palmer bows comes up on, you always have many negative comments on customer service.  That's enough to scare me away.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline MAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
If you call Palmer you'll more than likely speak to his wife Nancy.  She is very nice.  I have never had a problem with Palmer. Once you shoot one of his bows then you will understand why they are worth the wait.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©