3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Louis area  (Read 638 times)

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
St. Louis area
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
I'm going to be in the St. Louis area next month for 8 days or so. I'll actually be in Chesterfield, for the AAYBA world series. Is there any where in the general area that a guy could fling a few arrows? 8 days without shooting is kinda tough on me! If anyone has any help at all it would be appreciated.
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Louis area
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
Probably Busch Wildlike area around St Charles. It's an outdoor range.  There may be an indoor range over that way. Somebody will chime in soon...
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
I know Lone Elk park had an archery range years ago. Summit Archery (Gray Summit, Missouri)
is just about 18 miles west on Hwy 100 from Chesterfield. Great place to shoot if you want to be inside.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
midwest archery up by the airport for indoor range. Outdoor range at Creve Coeur Park.  Lone Elk park no longer has a range.  Busch Wildlife would be the closest to where you will be.  10 minutes drive time.

Semper Fi
Dan Raney
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Adeeden,

If I can ask what is the aayba? I am a couple hrs south so cant help ya on the shooting, Good luck
Geno
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Geno, it's the American Amateur Youth Baseball Alliance. They play there world series there every year. Theres been teams from 46 states and 4 countries there in the last few years. All major league rules. It's enjoyable but tough to get any shooting in!

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Creve Coeur Park has a nice walk thru range. I shoot it when I go see my parents. They are only 3 miles from it.  Hilly course.  Never shot Busch Wildlife area but know they have 3-d shoots there.  Creve Coeur isn't far from chesterfield.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
Busch would be the closest although the creve cour range isn,t much farther depends on where your staying. There is one walk through coarse currently in use on Busch WA. It's the B range and is entered to the right of the out houses about 75 yards. There  is also a static range at the parking lot that goes up to 40 yards or so if you want to stay out of the woods.

I'm in the process of moving ever so slowly. Give a shout when your in town, if i'm home I'll try meet you if you like.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline newhunter1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
If your looking for a range...give Town Hall Archery a call.  They are just outside of St. Louis in Belleville, IL and they have a 20, 30 yard range plus during the evening they have 3D shoots.  Give them a call @ 618-235-9881...they cand give you the directions you need.

Paul
Paulie G.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Thanks for all the replies! It looks like finding a spot should not be to tough.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
If your there on Sunday morning the Buffalo Tongue Traditional Bowhunters shoot every Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. Come on down

at Busch
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Looks like I'll be there 7-14 through 7-21. But at this time I have no idea when the game times are each day so I'll probably just have to play it by ear!

Offline deerslayer32

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
adeeden,
You'll ha ve a great time Sunday morning if you make it out to Busch Wildlife area. They are fun guys to shoot with and are always coming up with some great stump-shooting challenges. It's been a couple of months since we shot with the gang (baseball for us, too) but, we'll start going again this Sunday.
See ya soon Jerry,
Doug, Daniel & Kyle

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Jerry, Doug, Daniel & Kyle
    Thanks for the update I sent you a PM

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
I didn't know anyone here shot at Busch regularly....I might join you all sometime if there's room.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©