3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I've gotten really sick,,just really sick someone HELP!!!  (Read 1603 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've gotten really sick,,just really sick someone HELP!!!
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
Just look at this,,This is just plain sick,,,what kind of medicine can cure this illness,,LOL,, and to think I have one more comming from the st. Judes auction,,,HOLY COW!!!,,Now I gotta admit not all are mine two are loaners so their not so lonely and get a feeding of arrows,,Keeps them nice and healthy and its good for their wood,,LOL,,

Shoot straight fellas,,,

TGMM

Offline KPaul

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I've gotten really sick,,just really sick someone HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
There is no known cure,accept the inevitable:you will eventually have more bows than hairs on your head.In my case it happened sooner than later!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Sure fire cure is to buy two bows and post pics in the morning! LOL!!!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
Nice bows, not what seems to be wrong with you?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
Jason, I have the same sickness.  If you find a cure please let me know.    :help:    :help:    :banghead:    :banghead:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hs6181

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
The only cure I've found is to get one you love so much that you don't need the others.

Well it was working, I just saw a 59 grizzly fresh from Bowdoc in the classifieds that has started up that nagging need again.
Harold

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
I feel your pain. I'm fairly new to the sickness and these are my customs. I'm selling off my production bows so I can pull the trigger on a new custom. The only good thing is I don't have a better half to answer to. Wait, maybe a little "Controlling Authority" is what I need! LOL! My life has "Devolved" to the point that the biggest decision in my life is my next bow! I guess Golden Hawk has the only anwser for the madness.

"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
OK. I'm intrigued..... What's the tiny little bow at the top of the rack in the first pic? Are my eyes finlly giving in, or does it look to be about 36" long???
It's the totally flat bow with the No Gloves.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »
Rob, That is a youth Black Rhino Longbow that his 3 or 4 year old daughter shoots.  I believe it is 9#@18" or something like that.  I had the pleasure of shooting with Jason and his daughter one day and let me tell you she can definatly shoot.  I got a kick out of watching Jason and her shoot together.

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
Thankyou Tim,, the pleasure was all mine buddy,, Yes, Tim is very correct nice little youth bow to start them out on and she shoots 1/4" ramin dowels.

Nice bows Danny,,I'm new too and it is a catchy illness, can't wait till the super kodiak gets here,,
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
hs6181,, Is that a self bow you built??looks real nice.
TGMM

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Whitebuffalo.... I'm sorry to inform you that you are far worse off than you think.   You are barely at the onset stage of this disease.... I'm told that there are treatments, but that none are truly effective.  You just have to let the disease run its course...

If you look closely, you'll see that that's two layers of bows... and I'm starting to double up on pegs!

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
You got it bad buddy,,Quick somebody quarintine Dick before he goes on a plane ride,,LMAO<
Just a beautiful arrangement of bows,,I see a lot of hills in there..JB
TGMM

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
I've had it bad for a very long time!  My wife is no help either, she bought me two bows.  One was the Bear Custom T/D.

Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
You are the farthest thing from sick.
You guys simply suffer from good taste!

Tim and Whitebuffalo, I sure hope to meet you guys one of these days.  Appears we are practically neighbors.  I'll be at the MTB Jamboree June 16 FYI.

Take care,

Jim
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Actually... except for the old vintage lemonwood longbows over at the left, they are all Hills...  even the reverse handle, which was made by John Schulz when he was at Hill Archery.

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
JimmyC, Where are you from?

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
I can't resist saying it... note how my bows are hung straight up and down on pegs.   It obvious you guys have been using horizontal pegs and/or standing your bows on end in the closet.   That's what causes the ends to bend like that.    On horizontal pegs, the ends droop and take a set.   Standing on end on the floor is even worse, and is actually how this trend to bent ends started.    Try setting them on the pegs upside down and maybe the ends will straighten?

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
If you guys really want a cure for this sickness I can help, but that is only if you truly want to be free from this dreaded disease.

First of all confess your sickness to your wife.  Then when the urge strikes you to buy a new bow, imediately tell your wife you need the money for a new bow more then the kids need clothes and food.  This might not cure you imediately but it will slow the process down.

Last chance antidode is go ahead and buy the bow anyway and send it to me and I will keep it for you. This way you have satisfied your urge, plus the wife does not see any new additions so she thinks your doing good and not buying new bows.

Email me and I will send you my address!    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
If you are sick, I must need an ICU!!!!  I just built another bow rack that holds 9 bows.  That takes care of about 1/4 of them   :knothead:    Worse yet, I have 2 new custom bows on their way and picked up another during the auction (I would have had 2 more had the computer meltdown not sabotaged my sniping).  Is there a doctor in the house?!!!!  Oh yeah, I am a doctor.    :goldtooth:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©