3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I need help choosing a three piece longbow!!  (Read 763 times)

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I need help choosing a three piece longbow!!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
I've been thinking about your problem and while I have no experience with crow creek bows I really think you should give Cari-bows another look. Abe is a true artist and craftsman as well as being a heck of a nice guy and yes his bows are expensive but worth every penny. If you go with a plain jane Silver Fox without all the fancy options you won't pay much more than you would for a top end production bow like a Tomahawk or top end Martin. My 49# Siver Fox spits out a 450 gr arrow at 189 fps wereas a 60# tomahawk SS only achieved 170 fps. Now speed isn't every thing but it is a measure of performance. Sometimes Abe gets cancelled orders or has some bows in stock I think it would be worth your time to phone him and see what he has. There is a reason you don't see any used Cari-bows on the market ounce you have one you will never part with it and probably won't shoot anything else. Good Luck and have fun    Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Thunderhorn.Very nice.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
I love the Silver Fox, but I would put Zipper bows right up there with them.  Great shooting, very dead in the hand, with an excellent finish. They don't have much of a website, but the bows are excellent with a very good warranty(not that I think you would need it). Warranties always make me feel better.   JMHO  -Charlie

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
suttoman

I would take a long hard look at the Horne you have. And make a piece to attach to the grip, that you do like. Mark makes a super nice bow, why not make it so you like it?

BE A LOT CHEAPER!

Brent

Offline Longbeard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
Ancient Spirits Sequoia would cover all the bases, too.

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
Longbeard beat me to it...I just bought an Ancient Spirits Sequoia and it is proving to be a great shooting bow with a real nice grip.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
I've never liked 3 pc bows until my Morrison Dakota.  It feels like a one pc bow...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©