3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MICHIGAN BUNNY STOMP $1150.00 FOR ST JUDE (PICS ON PAGE 21)  (Read 4445 times)

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MICHIGAN BUNNY STOMP $1150.00 FOR ST JUDE (PICS ON PAGE 21)
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »
Hope you fellers have a good hunt up there in Michigan. We'll be thinkin bout you at GORH.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
Hows that lake? Frozen or no?

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
Sure can tell it's gettin close! I haven't had to click on page 2 to find this in a couple of days!! LOL   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

:archer2:  

Can't wait for the weekend!!!
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline gvdocholiday

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »
I had a bunny running a couple beagles yesterday off of 127 bout 15minutes north of Lansing...said they saw 32 rabbits.  However hunting was hard as the night before it dropped into the teens and that nice soft packing snow from the day before froze and the rabbits were having a field day running on that frozen snow.
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
Roger..im sure the lake is frozen..but with the snow thaw it and recent melt it will be a slush pond..
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: February 16, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris 2:
Hows that lake? Frozen or no?
frozen for now...I'm hoping the rain holds off, or is very slight.
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
Either way we are bringing some tip-ups  ;)
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
MOSTLY SUNNY ON SATURDAY HIGH OF 36 FOR NOW...GONNA ME A GREAT STOMP!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Stomp Stomp Stomp....

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Whats the normal or expected number of hunters? Will there be plenty of room? Lake frozen? You mean we have to spud holes to shoot scuba diving bunnies?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Sleepy Hollow State Park contains over 2,600 acres of woods, fields and trails. Lake Ovid nestled in the middle of it all was developed by damming the Little Maple River and covers 410-acres.

Weve had 50 plus hunters the last couple years...this is a huge area and room is of no concern..we dont even touch 90 percent of the area.............It's good to break into small groups of half dozen or so..that way if a bunny gets jumped there can be multiple shot attempts.......There is no shortage of brush, pines, etc..... it will be a great time...

There are some good brushy islands on the lake that hold bunnies...if the lake isnt froze we wont be able to get to them..but there is absolutely no shortage of area to hunt.....

There will be a fire burning...some folks will just chill by the fire and talk bows..others will be out pounding the brush...some will hang out at the targets...this is a chance to get out side spend some time with other Michigan trad bowhunters and enjoy what WE love to do...All of you make this event what it is and we enjoy putting it on every year!   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
Well my grandson Kody,son Shane and son in-law Nick can't make it now,  but my Bro Rob Jones,and nick's two boys, Jacob and Andrew Ashley and I will be there bright and early!

See you guys there, drive careful and God Bless!
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Come on Saturday morning. I am even missing out of some time and a half on Saturday just for the stomp!!    :campfire:    :archer:    :archer2:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
I will be there, as I said b4.  I am bringing a couple things from Tom at Traditional Outdoor Supply for donations and will c what I can come up with too.

Matt

Offline StJoePTP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Hope everyone makes this event...its going to be a good one

Offline StJoePTP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
SEE YA THERE!!!

OK FOLKS ...WE'VE NAILED DOWN A DATE,PLACE, AND TIME.  PLEASE POST WHO ALL IS COMING SO WE HAVE A HEAD COUNT.  FEEL FREE TO POST A RAFFLE ITEM IF YOU'RE DONATING. VENDORS FEEL FREE TO P.M. IF INTERESTED IN HELPING THE CAUSE.  LETS PUT ON A GOOD SHOW FOR MICHIGAN & SUPPORT ST JUDE. LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS  !!!!!!!! DONATIONS ARE WELCOME , BUT NOT MANDATORY... WE WANT EVERYONE TO JOIN IN THE FUN  ...THE CAMP FIRE WILL BE ROARING  

MICHIGAN ANNUAL ST JUDE BUNNY STOMP 2011

DATE: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19th

TIME: 8:30 AM

DIRECTIONS: US127, PRICE ROAD, EXIT 91 (ST JOHNS, MI) Follow PRICE rd east to SLEEPY HOLLOW STATE PARK.. (We will have some signs posted}

9AM OFFICIAL START MORNING BUNNY STOMP

12PM CHILI DOGS AND DRINKS AVAILABLE....FEEL FREE TO BRING A DISH IF YOU WANT TO PASS AROUND.

1PM ST JUDE RAFFLE (PLEASE BRING SOMETHING FOR THE RAFFLE TABLE) ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED NEW OR USED... NOT MANDATORY BUT HELPFUL.

AFTER THE RAFFLE WE WILL HAVE FUN SHOOTS AND A AFTERNOON HUNT FOR ALL THAT ARE INTERESTED.

POINTS TO PONDER

WE MUST FOLLOW DNR SMALL GAME LAWS, HUNTER ORANGE AND SMALL GAME LICENSE...LONGBOW, RECURVE, AND SELFBOW ONLY BLUNTS & JUDOS ONLY (NO BROADHEADS OR FIELD POINTS) (FIELD POINTS ARE OK TO SHOOT AT THE TARGETS, BUT WE'D LIKE TO STAY SAFE WHILE HUNTING IN GROUPS AND STICK TO BLUNTS,SMALL GAME HEADS (NO BLADES), AND JUDOS..THANKS)

BRING YOUR BEAGLE

TO ENTER PARK.......THIS IS NEW STARTING THIS YEAR..
If you have the PARK passport when you registered with Secretary of State you are all set...If you do not have the park passport.Each vehicle will need to pay 10.00 for the state park passport at the park...There are no longer daily permits. The 10.00 passport is good for the whole year at any State Park in Michigan... It is a much better deal than the previous 24.00 sticker.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Me and my brother will be there asap. I am bringing a homemade quiver for the raffle. I will try posting a pic tomarrow but no promises,lol. With all I have heard and seen about posting a pic here, it probly won't happen but it's the thought that counts right? LOL
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
BUNNIES BEWARE!!!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 37

:readit:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©