3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need hip/shoulder quiver input. Please respond even if you DONT use them!  (Read 860 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
I just became an associate sponser and will be posting leather goods here soon. Besides a "different" back quiver design I have going, I'm working on a hip quiver that converts to a shoulder quiver quickly. Just wondering how many of you hunt or compete 3D with a hip and if the combo quiver is something you'd like to see?
Give me any reasons at all that you don't like hip, shoulder, or back quivers also.  I like a challenge.
I've been making leather and archery goods since 1989, my business was called Wilderness Quest if anyone remembers from old Traditional Bowhunter magazines. I made a ton of fur quivers with my own line of back and hip also. LOTS of custom work
Thanks, Dave
couple of pics of way back then!

David M. Conroy

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Dave I use a back quiver and my arrows are full length 32" and all the quivers I see are always to short.I would like to see a deep quiver(24-26") that would keep the arrows from moving around so much.JMHO
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
I hunt with a back quiver and shoot 3D with a hip quiver....to have one that could be both would be great....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I use a side quiver for hunting and think a duel purpose would be great. Going to start 3D this year so this would be great. Thanks Dave.

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online Cocklebur

• Trad Bowhunter
One that you could use for everything would be great.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Andy, thats kinda what I have going on.
Tim, I dont really make anything stock, most work has been custom sized. But a great point, maybe a deeper model on hand than the traditional(22) inch size. Thanks guys, keep it coming.
Pics soon of the things I'm messing with.
David M. Conroy

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I kept dumping or snagging my back quiver when I bent over or ducked under thornapples or through brush.  The hip quiver (I have a plains style and a "bow-quiver-on-a-strap style) wasn't bad, but the hip didn't hold enough for small-game (I carry, blunts of various types & flu-flus and broadheads) and the plains style I couldn't see the head to know which I was pulling - same with the back.

A side-stalker - with the opening that allows me to see and select specific arrows - is the best choice for me.  I can hang it from a branch or nail in a tree ( and pull from the top like a back quiver), get through thick brush by pointing it where I'm going and it holds a bunch of loose arrows or, with a foam block, keeps the broadheads from bashing together.  In the rain a fletch cover protects the feathers and I can still pull an arrow.  Does it all well.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
David M. Conroy

Offline Ralphie

• Trad Bowhunter
I would like to see a quiver that stays upwards so that arrows can be removed without pulling on the strap to bring the quiver upright. Also, the quiver should be quiet. A lot of firm leather quivers let the arrows rattle around. Heavy, but soft leather will after some use, adopt a shape that contours the users back.
I use both a back quiver, and a side quiver. The back quiver I use for 3D, and the side quiver for target. The side quiver catches a lot of branches walking the 3D trails, and for that a back quiver is better.
Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
I am not sure of the difference between a hip and side quiver. I use a quiver looks like a back quiver but hangs from my belt/hip on a angled holder attached to the quiver. I love it and use it for everything but hunting. Bow quiver then. This quiver allows me to see/count/pic arrows as stumpkiller mentioned. I do need a new one also.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need hip/shoulder quiver input. Please respond even if you DONT use them!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I dont use either,but if i did i would get one of your.They are very nice....Also,welcome to Tradgang sponser!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Should be a distinction, I guess, between belt mounted hip quivers and shoulder-strap hip quivers, and then whether with individual arrow clamps or loose carry.  I usually consider a hip quiver to be belt mounted and a side quiver to be hung from a shoulder strap.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
I consider the same as Charlie...
Now, with hip quivers, which I do sometimes use...I shoot with them facing forward for 3D, but backward for hunting so they don't catch on brush. I used this to make the new hip/shoulder reversible. You don't need to buy a left or right, you can just turn it around and the finish is the same. Score card pocket on both sides, I'll go take a pic of a prototype, its not the finished design, but the one that got me going.
David M. Conroy

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
I shoot 3D and I use always a back quiver. However what is a must for me: three straps! My shoulder strap is adjustable with a separate strap and three point front hookup. In this way your quiver stays secured and won't slip on another place or fall off. All three straps can be adjusted, so you get an perfect fit to your body.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Okay, here is the hip model which will convert to a shoulder side. But again THIS IS A ROUGH MODEL. Not finished. The quiver can be worn on the hip right handed or left, and can be faced either way frontward or backward. Whatever your preference. The belt attachment will come off and a shoulder strap can be put on instead in seconds. Knife sheaths can be added etc.
The "back total combo" is a whole different animal, that will be shown soon.

David M. Conroy

Offline $bowhunter$

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
looks good. i myself love to "collect" arrows and i usually carry about 20 or so when i go stumping/small game hunting that are all usually real long about 32"+. one that could hold alot quiet and is deep would be the ideal quiver for me.
"SHOOT STRAIT" - something im still working twards

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
I'm liking it.  Looks good for roving, too.

Another thought - I have a 30-1/2" BOP arrow.  That is tough to get through the woods in most quivers as it makes for 33" of arrow attached somehow to a 6'2" body.  Your difficulties may vary.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
i love that hip/back combo. let me know if you need a tester...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Those are cool, love the fur.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline FXJr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
I use a hip quiver for 3D and hunting. I also shoot a long arrow and I like a longer quuiver and one that I can put tubes into or has dividers for the arrows and a pocket on the outside for a 24oz water bottle. I have a canvas one now that I use  but it is short and there is alot of arrow exposed.
 Frank X.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©