3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cabela's Outfitters Wooltimate Windshear  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cabela's Outfitters Wooltimate Windshear
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
I have the jacket, pants and the vest and like it very well. The vest was the best investment, but the pants and jacket are good to. You cant' go wrong, money well spent! Jason

Offline salemons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
I got the pants and jacket for Christmas. Great price and they work really well. Noticed the camo for them isn't exactly the same but close enough.
Quinn Stallion Classic 53#
Quinn Stingray 35# limbs
66" Mohawk T/D 45#

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
I've been using mine for the 2nd season now and just love it! Got it on sale as well, great price, great camo pattern .....just and all out good product!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
Great stuff, warm and fairly durable, only negative I have is the pattern is light and has gotten me busted in the treestand.  My hunch is that it isn't very good once the leaves are down. I've had mine about 5 years and they are still going strong. Nice garments I am a very satisfied owner.
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by huntin_sparty:
Its very warm, great weight, and love the fact that I can wash it in a machine.  4.75 stars out of 5  The only negative is with all windshear Ive owned is on cold days it sounds like the wrinkling of candy wrappers which is good when hunting chubby people but not so good for deer.
this is what has prevented me from trying this stuff......can't stand noisy in hunting gear...

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Great stuff all around...
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Offline ALwoodsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
I have used the jacket for 2 seasons now.  I think it is great.  I just got the pants this year and I like them even better.  I really don't think they are as noisy as alot of people let on.  The windshear lining makes a little noise fresh out of the bag but after being washed and worn a few times I really don't notice any noise.  Besides if it is windy deer won't hear it any way, right?

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Agree with ALwoodsman.  I have the pants and while the liner started out a little noisy, the more I wore them, they quieted down. I think they are great and wore them almost exclusively this season.  

Not trying to start an argument but, typically outline/silhoutette or no backdrop, or movement is what busts us in a tree not the camo pattern.  Have had dozens of deer give me the staredown in this camo, along with colored plaid with no ill effects.  

If you think that they are too light, which I intially did try a low concentration walnut dye bath.  The wool should absorb it well and darken them up a little.  Am ordering the jacket now and would highly recommend this line for the money

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I can honestly say, I havent' had any problem with mine being noisy. I also had deer look straight through me setting on the ground with this stuff on. I think it's a good camo pattern! I think it's all in the movement and you need a good backdrop. JMHO! Jason

Offline bshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
great product, I have a set in dessert outfitter pattern and think it is as good, if not better than my Predator camo here in the Eastern hardwoods.

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
There was a thread on this stuff a few weeks ago if you want a little more reading.  I got the vest last year before hunting season and absolutely love it.  I got the pants this year for Christmas and they are great as well.  I am big on being silent when hunting and these are quiet. i am a very big fan of the stuff.
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
i busted a deer this year with the cabelas upland sweater with windshear but the fault was the cloth patches on the shoulder making noise against my harness straps.  No big deal but I don't like the noise of windshear, I find it personally annoying to wear.  It absolutely does it's job though.  It is amazing how it blocks wind from cutting thru to you.  I purchased Columbia's Gallatin wool pants this year and am very happy with them.  Quiet, warm, comfortable and relatively cheap. Enthusiastic about them and I am, like most of us, very critical of my gear.  Luke's Dad
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
Good stuff and worth every penny.

Offline brock donald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
I got cabelas berber fleeze jacket and love it. Quiet, warm, light, has wind sheer but does not make the noise of other wind seer lingings i looked at. a wool sweater under the jacket and no more cold.

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Thought I would bring this up since cabelas has it on sale, especially the vest, which is probably my favorite piece of hunting clothing.
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
I have the Legacy Fleece with windshear and it is dead quiet. Windshear is a fabric and I washed mine 3 times before I wore it so that might have helped. The jacket with ECWCS longjohns and a shirt has kept me warm in the coldest of Alabama weather. Can't ask for much more.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Mike Falkner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Have the berber fleece jacket w/ windshear and like Donald, I don't have any noise issues.  On really cold days, base layer+fleece shirt+this=warm
Mike

Psalms 44:6

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
Works great but it is noisy ... could not wear it in a tree stand on a still day that's for sure. Also there is a big difference between the Berber and the Wooltimate ... My Berber is very quiet, it is lined but no wind shear and it is warm. The finish on Wooltimate that I have is much more shear than the Berber.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by elkken:
Works great but it is noisy ... could not wear it in a tree stand on a still day that's for sure. Also there is a big difference between the Berber and the Wooltimate ... My Berber is very quiet, it is lined but no wind shear and it is warm. The finish on Wooltimate that I have is much more shear than the Berber.
I have to disagree.   Not sure what wooltimate you have but mine is extremely quiet, whether its calm out or not.  I wear the pants and vest bowhunting when it's cold and have no issues with noise.   I don't know if yer talking about noise from the wooltimate itself or from the windsheer lining but neither of mine is noisy at all.     I did have a wool coat from cabelas with the windsheer lining and the liner was noisy(squeaky).   But have no such issue with wooltimate.   Not trying to argue, but don't want people to be steered away from a good product.    I'm sure the fleece is great stuff and is quiet, but a few people I have talked to , said in the cold temps with wind , the fleece isn't as warm as wooltimate.
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline B-DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
i have the wooltimate vest and it is good stuff. its warm and very quiet. i have other cloths with windstoper that made noise but this vest is not one of them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©