3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's the best day to hit the Kalamazoo Expo?  (Read 557 times)

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
What's the best day to hit the Kalamazoo Expo?
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
As for most, time is the scarcest commodity we have, so I was wondering what day would be the best day to go. I'm not too too interested in the vendors having a bunch of stuff, but I am interested in the speakers, show-ers, and a light crowd. I've never been and don't want to miss this year's.

Thanks gang! Hope to see some of you there.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's the best day to hit the Kalamazoo Expo?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Monday
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
The seminars are only Saturday and Sunday.  Each day has a different agenda so I guess go with the one that best suites you for what you want to see.  But Saturday is the busiest day of the weekend of course.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline koops4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
I have only been to the expo on Friday and the crowd is not too bad.  If I recall right the speakers are usually on Saturday.
Paul

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
If weather isn't an issue the vendor area will be packed Saturday.  It starts to thin out a little on Sunday.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Friday if you want to be able to try out any bows.  The little short ranges are scarce and you only get three arrows and you have to get back in line again and wait your turn again.  Saturday it is next to impossible to really see how a bow is going to work for you, plus the isles are so crowded that you have to go through sideways!
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
I"m going Friday. Saturday is wall to wall and shooting a bow is nearly impossible.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
Monday
x2   :D
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
Sorry...........couldn't help it.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Tree Rat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Mitchell:
Friday if you want to be able to try out any bows.  The little short ranges are scarce and you only get three arrows and you have to get back in line again and wait your turn again.  Saturday it is next to impossible to really see how a bow is going to work for you, plus the isles are so crowded that you have to go through sideways!
When did that get implemented? I haven't shot anything in a couple years but you used to be able to shoot a few times before you gave your spot on the line.
Not all Squirrels are nuts....

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
I usually go Friday night, all day Saturday and a quick visit Sunday after church.  It is the busiest on Saturday, but it is not all that bad.  I don’t find it any worse than being in the tent at Compton on a Saturday.  There are peak times Saturday, but if you are there early, mid day and the end of the day it is not that bad at all.  Mid morning and mid afternoon are peak times.  I have shoot plenty of bows on Saturday.  It just takes a little longer to get through the lines, but they go plenty fast enough to soak in the sites, do some visiting, and talk bows with whoever is around.  I guess I never saw a sign or was told I could only shoot three arrows or not shoot more than one round with a bow I wanted to try.  I know I have shot four arrows and at least two rounds if I was really interested in the bow.  A lot of others were doing the same and it didn’t seem to be a problem for anyone.  If you want to see a lot more people you may know,  want to meet up with other trad gang members you want to meet, and get most of the seminars, Saturday is the day.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
Biggie if you're gonna be there I'll buy you a cheeseburger  :)  Saturday though, Monday is too crowded...
Mike Davenport

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
Depends on the weather, but any of the die-hards will be there no matter what the weather is.LOL  
Monday, Biggie your to funny.   :laughing:    :deadhorse:

Offline Geo S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
Sunday is the best day. No crowds and front row seating for seminars.

Offline dpg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
David-
 You planning on making the trip over this way for the K-zoo Expo??

Don

Offline 684Kevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Friday afternoon/evening you could shoot bows without a wait last year.  Saturday the waits were long but not unbearable.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Hey Jon, come to the Michigan Longbow Association booth on Saturday morning.  I will be working it with some of our finnest.  We are running the kids shooting area, so bring Jordan along with you, and let him shoot some balloons with us.  We would really love to have you, and your talents, in our organization.  Give me a call when your there or before.  I'll be there all 3 days.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Dusty Nethery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
I'll be there Sat. Hopefully, I can shoot a few bows, and talk to a few guys I'd like to meet.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
No Don, I won't make it this time as I have a hog hunt in Florida I'll be leaving for on the Wednesday following Kzoo.  Wish I could but I'm saving my money for hog hunting. We have a group of 5-6 guys who hunt hogs every year in February and what a blast that time is together.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline dpg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Dave-
I guess I'll have to buy an extra thing or two to make up for you not being there..  Have fun hog hunting!
Don

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©