3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: pre set bows in stus calculator  (Read 221 times)

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
pre set bows in stus calculator
« on: January 13, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
Does anyone use the pre set bows in the new calculator?  It makes a huge difference with my Black Widow PSA 49lbs at 27 I draw 28 its telling me I need a dynamic spine of 73#s  If I just use Generic recurve with the same specs its 63#s dynamic spine.  My question is how accurate do you think that is?

Also would a sky tdx be a performance curve or generic?

Thanks,
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: pre set bows in stus calculator
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
I got the same figure of 73.3 using both the PSA and generic inputs. When you use the bow specific, you must also add the strike plate thickness. When you use the generic bow, you must figure your shelf cut, which is a –3/16 with no strike plate. If your strike plate is 1/16” thick then you would have to add that to the shelf cut to get a –1/8. Hope this helps.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
I've done some testing with Stu's new calculator since Christmas on wood, carbon, and aluminum arrows.  And I agree with Blackstick.....whether you enter your own generic specs or use the preset ones....the center cut measurement is critical to get accurate.  Garbage in/garbage out.  

My own experience with this calculator with two generic longbows, is when I find an arrow that is within two pounds of the bow's spine spec it is usually borderline stiff. I will shoot to test and have always ended up front loading that arrow with point/insert weight until it shows approx. 5# weak on the calculator.  I end up with a great flying, impact at point of aim, higher FOC arrow.

Just my experience.....but I'm glad to have that calculator from Stu....sure has saved me $$$ trying to figure out what I need.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©