3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Midwest Trad&Prim Archery Expo in jeopardy  (Read 578 times)

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Midwest Trad&Prim Archery Expo in jeopardy
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
With just a few days remaining before vendor registrations close, the future of the Midwest Traditional Archery Expo at the Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center in Waterloo, Iowa (March 4-6)is in jeopardy. Vendor support for the event is lacking in general, despite efforts to encourage participation (reduction of decorated booth fees to $100). I need at least 40 vendors to sign up to come close to breaking even on the expo and so far have 15. I need to get at least 25 more vendors to commit to the show or it will have to be cancelled. Many thanks to those vendors who supported this venture, including Winter Bow Shoppe, Black Widow Custom Bows, St. Joe River Bows, Dwyer Longbows, Tall Tines Bows, G&M Archery, Footed Shaft, Prairie Traditions, Pine Hollow Longbows, Best Friend Longbows, Lost Nation Archery, Holm-Made Bows, Kwik-Strap and TradArchers' World magazine. Also, thanks to Fred Asbell, Steve Gorr, Paul Shore and Gene Winter for agreeing to be seminar speakers. I'll let you know the status of the Expo soon. Tom

Offline snow leopard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Midwest Trad&Prim Archery Expo in jeopardy
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
THAT would really suck!! i was really looking forward to going, and had talked to a couple other site members about it also.  :help:
"the symbol is not the reality"

compton traditional bowhunters
wisconsin traditional archers

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
I keep up with traditional archery and attend shows when I can.  This is the first I have heard about this event even though I live one hour from Waterloo.  Perhaps there are problems with getting the word out to the general public as well as potential vendors.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
The Midwest Traditional and Primitive Archery Expo has been the topic of threads both here and on numerous other archery sites. The event has been advertised in Traditional Bowhunter and TradArchers' World magazines.  Every traditional and primitive archery vendor that I could find listed on the internet was emailed information re. the event and scores more that didn't have email addresses were  phoned or sent info via USPS. Beyond that I don't know what else I could do to get info to vendors or the public.

Online Cocklebur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
Good Luck it sounds like a good time.

Offline snow leopard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
ttt
"the symbol is not the reality"

compton traditional bowhunters
wisconsin traditional archers

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »
Any one that was hoping to attend this event call or email your favorite vendors and Bowyers and have them call Tom and get registered
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
Sorry to hear this. Hope you can arrange something.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Sorry guys we are not signed up.It is not because of lack of intrest on our part.This is exactly what we were looking for.A potentially great expo.,In a new area during the right time of the year!So now Im sure your wondering, if this is what we have been looking for why are we not signed up.Well its simple,lack of interested attendees.Every time this expo.comes up the support from potential attendees is just not there.These expos.or shoots are expensive for dealers.No matter how much we want to go to a venue we have to consider is it going to be a wise business decision?Unfortunately that is what it is,a business decision.I do regret not being able to attend.
Bill

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
I for one was looking forward to this event and hope it still happens. I've been planning on attending since I first saw it advertised.

Waterloo is a 4 hour drive for Me, which is much closer than Kalamazoo. To be able to see a large show like this within a short driving distance would be good.

bretto

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
I was really looking forward to finally having this show near home. Still hopeful but extremely disappointed to hear vendors haven't jumped on this
Make a life, not a living

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Very bummed out.  I have been planning on attending with the family as well.  I would take a both but I don not think selling my stand-up paddleboards at a trad bow expo is a good fit;)  Yet, I am sure all of you fellow bowhunters would make great surfers!
I still hope it works out!!!!!!!!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Ttt
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Talked to a couple of vendors today who felt confident that this show will be a hit. For the price ($100/booth), each bought a second booth so they could bring more "stuff" to the show. One told me that it is bound to be a good time for everyone, as people are looking for something to do that time of year and a trad archery show should be popular. Things are looking up! This thing will work! The more support, the better though.
Thanks to the wellwishers, "cheerleaders" and participating vendors. Tom

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
Glad to hear that "the show will go on," Tom.  Hope it's the beginning of a good, long run!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 02:57:00 AM »
Sounds like a great time could be had. If i wasn't trying to make the Iowa Bowhunters Spring Banquet on March 5th it would be the next best thing. Katie do those come in Camo?
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
Have you considered contacting some State bowhunting associations and trad associations with  your info?  If they are like the IBA, they keep large email lists to keep members in the loop.

Unfortunately our Spring Banquet is March 5th and I won't be able to make the Expo.  I really hope it turns out great, wish I could make it.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Vic- They come with camo deck pads!  Bryce said I should buy a booth and set up to sell the boards to bowfish from.  I just have not found a way to paddle and hold my bow at the same time:)

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
Hope it goes well.  It was a big (but understandable) disappointment when the Western States had to be canceled last year it was a bummer.

RonP

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
So this is the same weekend as the Iowa Bowhunters Assn Banquet?

That does not bode well for attendance form Iowa bowhunters.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©