3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shipping to Canada?  (Read 565 times)

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
shipping to Canada?
« on: June 05, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
For those of you who ship or have shipped up to the great white north what is the best way.
Thanks for your help.

John
ps(while not trad archery related it is concerning the auction)
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: shipping to Canada?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
USPS is the best. UPS will charge you a tariff of whatever they think is fair when the item arrives.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
Do not use a courier like Fed ex/ UPS etc.
 They charge 25% of the Value in Canadian dollars for brokerage fee at the delivery point.
 The person receiving the goods will get the bill .
 Use the USPS, Expedited or Air Mail.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. I need to send a knife,from the auction, to HunterJohn in Canada.   :thumbsup:  ...Terry

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
If your item is small enough, USPS Airmail Letter Post is the way to go.  I can send one pack of broadheads to Canada this way for less than $3.  If it's too big for Airmail Letter Post, your next best option is Airmail Parcel Post, also from USPS.

You will need to make sure you have U.S.A. in your return address, and you'll need to fill out and attach a small customs form to your package.

Be forewarned, although Canada is right next door, some of the slowest international shipping delivery is in Canada.  Don't know why but I have consistently experienced that.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
USPS for sure. Priority only takes about 5 days to there. However if they ship something to you it takes forever. Canada Post takes their sweet time. I have traded bows and the other party gets the one I ship in about 5 days and takes nearly two weeks to get mine. Both shipped on the same day.  

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
Yeah your right about Canada post,when I ship stuff south it takes 3 days to cross the border(I live about 1 and a half hours from Buffalo)then on the next day my package is in Georgia.Thanks for your help guys,its appreciated.

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline Michael Harnage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
Shipped a riser via USPS Express Mail International last Wednesday. It arrived in Alberta CA yesterday. With USPS EMI you can track it the whole way. USPS PMI (Priority) does not have the same detail in the tracking. Express is not much more costly than Priority especially when you factor in return receipt and insurance.

UPS is NOT the way to go. They will gouge you on customs handling charges.

-mike

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
I typically give a package from the states about 3 weeks. Mail service around here still hasn't upgraded to the horse and buggy.
Dances with Turtles

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
Luke,

I live in a city of one million people, Edmonton, and I NEVER get anything from the States in less than 2 weeks.  It most usually takes 2-3 weeks to have stuff I send to the States to get there.  I HATE THE CANADIAN POSTAL SYSTEM!!!!!  Did I say that out loud???  LOL!!!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
I have business partners in the USA.  Can you say SHE - MUGLE?  I pay enough taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I get enough mail at my Buddies place that the post master has offered me a US Citizenship.  8*)
"Who's shooting the girly bow?" - My wife Vicki's comment to one of my X-bow hunting buddies.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©