3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Hoyt Buffalo, Is it just me?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Hoyt Buffalo, Is it just me?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
It is the Buffalo as I recall there kinda lumpy too!

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
i have to agree Dave i do like "opinions"thats why the all dont shoot the same stick

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dave Alaxanian:
While this may not  be "PRODUCTIVE" sometimes it's interesting to hear an opinion on the eye appeal of the different bows we all shoot--Personally bows with metal risers have no soul  ----CNC machined trad bows just remind me of "them there cam bows".
I believe metal cabbage soul. I shot my grandpa's rifle he left me when he finished hunting and that old girl has a ton of soul in her barrel.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
For me, some things just go too far. This type of bow is one of those things. I like wood bows with wood risers. And the occasional glass sandwich of course! Not knocking it, just not my cup o' tea.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
I'm in the wood camp also.  I just don't have any interest in a metal riser.  I'm sure they are superior shooting devices, but wood bows still shoot bettter than I can shoot them.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
I thought they dropped the ball here, no plunger hole and a real narrow grip, and especially not an ILF.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dave Alaxanian:
........  ----CNC machined trad bows just remind me of "them there cam bows".
Including Black Widows? They're now CNC machined.

I'm presently not a big fan of metal risers but I don't see anything wrong with them either. They just "don't float my boat".
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
i shot the new buffalo at the ata show last week end and have to say i liked the way it shot! little heavier than im used to! and im normally a longbow guy but might have to invest in this bow to try a curve out one more time!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
I like mine really well I like the look and I really like the way it shoots. I like the looks of alot of other bows also but I can only afford so much and I liked the Buffalo. If we were all the same it would be a very boring world . The main thing is it's fun to shoot, it's accurate and it has no wheels. The buffalo is not for everyone but if its what you like it's a great bow.
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
There are those of us that believe and rightfully so, think that a wood bow and wood arrows are the true Trad. way, I believe this but don't live by it. I hunt like most of you (probably not as good though), and coming back to Trad. after many years away and from a wheeler, it is very important to me that I shoot as accurate as possible. I spined my first trad kill and my first true hunt in 96 and have never forgotten it ( which was why I went to a wheeler ), but I realize now that it's all about accuracy, so though I use bows made of mostly wood, I do use arrows made of carbon because I feel that I get better accuracy over wood. That being said I am sure that there are many people out there that could out shoot me with their wood arrows, but for me and I am sure a lot of you, it's time that is the enemy. It's just a little easier with the aluminum and carbon arrows and I can get more shooting time in. So my meaning for this answer to this post is if it makes life a little more easy and mostly more accurate then go with a metal riser, I however draw the line at aluminum and carbon arrows.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Everybodys different.....BUT......I tend to find newer metal riser bows a bit Fugly.(old bear mags look great) 3 piece longbows and antler knob limb bolts fall into the Fugly catagory too. This only means that there is more for the rest of you guys that like them.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by FerretWYO:
How is this productive???       :banghead:    
...a bit harsh don't ya think? Afterall, it's merely an opinion being shared in a forum meant for topic of conversation right?      :campfire:  

That said, I don't mind the Buffalo. I don't LOVE it, but don't mind it terribly either. I can certainly see why some might not care for it too though, as it does have kind of a "techy" feel to it...
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
I don't care for metal risers on anything but compounds.  Wouldn't have one.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by hightop_hunter:
No dice! the only metal on my bows will be the broad heads fly out of them
My sentiments exactly. But as is said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And that certainly applies to those who like and enjoy metal riser bows.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
Guys, I used to be a wood snob, wouldnt look at a metal riser, till one day I shot a Quinn Stallion, changed my way of thinking. I shot it much better, fit my small hands better, balanced better for me. I shot it better than bows I had costing 3x as much and real pretty. As my granmother used to say, "Pretty is as pretty does", which means I shoot them better, hit better, and have cleaner, quicker kills. I still love wood, but hunt mostly with alum riser bows, have several, also have a couple of nice wood risers, but I dont shoot them as well as the aluminum ones, especially past 20 yards.I appreciate all the replies, and agree with the Dorado owners about liking that risr better. And I sure agree they would be better off going ILF! Thanks for all the mature replies on this subject, no one going off the deep end.
samuel koger

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Ya Sam, those Quinns are great bows.  Metal riser or not.  I'll never part with mine.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Looks good to me.
John

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Is the Buffalo the one that Fred Eichler has his name on? The one that's inside the cover of the new 3Rivers catalog??

Just wondering.

I neither like it nor hate it, mostly since I haven't had a chance to hold one yet.
I never say never and won't judge anything based on face value. Who knows......it may very well be the best shooting, most accurate bow I have ever shot? If I get to shoot one some day, so until it proved itself not worth my time......I wouldn't say that I didn't like it. That's just narrow minded in my opinon.

I do prefer the beauty of wood, it just looks more natural to me.
I used to own a PSE Coyote with a metal riser and it was a POS in my opinion. Noisy as heck and no matter what I did to it, I just couldn't quiet it down. I eventually sold it.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
Ok so I may not have stated my point well. I agree maybe a little harsh. I agree that opinion or insight from others is good.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by LongStick64:
I thought they dropped the ball here, no plunger hole and a real narrow grip, and especially not an ILF.
I have to respectfully agree. One of the main reasons I went to ILF risers years ago was to avoid being married to any one bowyer with respect to limbs -- I'd rather pay $90 for wood/glass limbs and get them in a few days than wait up to a year and hand over $400+. The system used on the Buffalo would put me right back in that situation. Add to that the lack of a plunger hole, and I'll take a pass.

All in all, I find it odd that Hoyt hasn't made a true ILF hunting riser yet, seeing as they have a huge marketshare of such risers in the target shooting world. They seem best situated to hit a home run, but just keep laying down bunts.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©