3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WHY DO YOU HUNT?  (Read 894 times)

Offline jlbpa

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHY DO YOU HUNT?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
I like being in the woods.  Sitting quietly watching waiting dreaming.   It builds determination and that enhances character.  Like tonight.... I've been shooting archery since the late 60's but only shot at two deer..... the first one around 1972 ...got that one... the second was tonight *#$&^&**$&$  I missed.  

Please don't rescind my trad gang membership :-)

Offline jefffunff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
its in my DNA
NRA Life Member

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Don't know how not to.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
I am Jaguar Paw, son of Flint Sky. My Father hunted this forest before me. My name is Jaguar Paw. I am a hunter. This is my forest. And my sons will hunt it with their sons after I am gone.

i...am...a hunter.
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by joe ashton:
somes it up.  If I'm not hunting, I'm thinking about hunting,(except at work of course).
That pretty much sums it up for me too, bowhunting is never vfar from the forefront of my mind.

I am the only one in both my wife's and my side of my family that hunts, I often wonder what would have happened if my uncle hadn't out of the blue started hunting when he was 22 and brought me along as a 12 year old.  That was the start of my journey.......would I have ever hunted if he hadn't brought me that first time?

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline michigan hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
Why do I hunt ?....As many have said before me , it's something deep within . It feels right . I am at home in the woods . I enjoy the time spent with my sons and good friends , making memories , teaching and learning , putting my skills against my quarry's .

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
I do it because I love everything about it

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
i hunt only when i feel the need to Get some meat on the table Deer meat that is. and thats every 4to6 months im not a big hunter i just do it when i need to and i do love it other wise whats the point in having all this in front of you if ya aint going to use  what  God gave you.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Hunting is not a spiritual escape for me.  I seek spiritual fulfillment in God, not in God's creation.  But God did give man dominion over His creation, and I enjoy hunting as a way to relax, enjoy the outdoors, match wits with the wild, and bring home food to put on the table.  I especially enjoy eating something I've harvested with my own hands.  That being said, I'm not as successful as many, but I find that I enjoy the journey as much as I enjoy the end result!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline kybownut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
a lot of great replies,just as i expected!
thanks guys
60" predator hunter 46# @28"
maddog bamboo backed hickory elb 53# @28"
traditional bowhunting is more than a choice of equipment!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Because I enjoy it.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Started off as a small child hunting lizards, we called race horses, with my dog. Grew up hunting...don't know or want to know any other way.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
i just love everything about it. the time spent with my family and friends, the woodsand seeing animals in the wild doing what they do. the alone time on the stand where you can just think and take everything in. i love venision and wild turkey and the feeling once you finally get the animal ou were after.  i love that rush feeling when you here a bird gobble or a stick break close by and not knowing if its a deer or squirrel.  just exciting.  i can go on and on. i just love hunting and to me its more then just killing a animal.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
If you never exspearanced It can't be exsplane to you.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline Jethro21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »
Hunting was really never an option for me, it was what my family did and most of my earliest and favorite memories have something to do with it. It was a great release for me as a kid when my parents were going through a divorce. It was great to get away from the city, chores, my mother, hike around in a wild and beautiful place. To me archery hunting is a way to enjoy it even more, being quiet, taking time to look and be still...it makes hunting that much more enjoyable, brings me closer to God.

I was thinking the other day as I was out with my son carrying him through the brush, getting thorns and cactus all over me- For some reason, a cut, scrape, cactus thorn or twisted ankle doesn't seem to hurt the same when it happens while hunting. I told my son (as he watched me pulling cholla cactus from my leg) that it was a good hurt, someday he will understand.
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful- Psalms 1:1

Offline park

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 02:01:00 AM »
I hunt because I like to be in the woods.I feel very lucky to be on this earth and to witness the way god made it for us all.It really helps me to slow down and remember that god made it this way for me to enjoy.I hunt because that's what i'm here for.  :archer:

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 02:37:00 AM »
It gives me something to do while I am bird watching.

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
I have not hunted yet, but will start when I get better in the arm..
My reason is that it is the only economically affordable way to ensure that the animal I eat was treated with respect and suffered as little as possible.
It is also a skill that is needed, should anything go wrong with society, and brings a lot of other important skills with it!  :)
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by Archie:
Hunting is not a spiritual escape for me.  I seek spiritual fulfillment in God, not in God's creation.  But God did give man dominion over His creation, and I enjoy hunting as a way to relax, enjoy the outdoors, match wits with the wild, and bring home food to put on the table.  I especially enjoy eating something I've harvested with my own hands.  That being said, I'm not as successful as many, but I find that I enjoy the journey as much as I enjoy the end result!
This is how I feel. Although, I might add that what drew me to hunting was the the adventure of it all. I guess that is why I love bear hunting so much. Plus hunting is FUN!

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
It's as natural as breathing,can't remember when I didn't.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©