3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need help identifying TD Cheyenne Recurve  (Read 742 times)

Offline TRACY F

• Trad Bowhunter
Need help identifying TD Cheyenne Recurve
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
I was going through some of my step-fathers old recurves that he left me and I found one that doesn't have a maker's name. This is what I have: It is a 58", 55#@ 28 take-down recurve that says "Cheyenne- Primitve Series" on top limb. The riser is drilled and tapped for an elevated rest and quiver mount and stabilzer insert. The limb bolts are knurled and stick out about 3/4 inch from limb. If anyone out there is familiar with it please let me know. It doesn't look like the Bear Cheyenne at all. Thanks a lot, Tracy

Offline Mike Byrge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help identifying TD Cheyenne Recurve
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
I had one several years ago. Don't know anything about it really other than it looked like an entry-level type bow.  Looks just like the t/d hoyts and t/d bears that show up on ebay pretty regular.  I think they were foreign-made but sold under the hoyt or bear name and I suspect that is the same with your bow.

I sold it on ebay for less than a $100 if that gives you any idea of the value.

Mike

Offline TRACY F

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help identifying TD Cheyenne Recurve
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Mike. It's a decent shooting bow. After looking it over some more I came to the conclusion that someone designed this bow to accept sights, stabilizer and NOT shoot off the shelf for the purpose of something other than true traditional archery. It's fun to shoot and looking into setting it up for bowfishing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©