3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hog hunting near Houston?  (Read 258 times)

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Hog hunting near Houston?
« on: January 17, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
My gf is in Houston for 4 months for school.  I'm probably going to go visit her sometime in February and was curious if anyone could recommend a hog outfitter near Houston?  She lives in the Woodlands which I believe is north of the city.  Anywhere within an hour or two would be great.   Thanks, Sam

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hog hunting near Houston?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
I copied the info below from something I PM'd a tradganger a few months ago:

Have you given any thought to a Public Hunting Permit? It's only another $48 on top of a hunting license. Sam Houston National Forest is north of Houston so not too far away from you. I hunted there a few times during college. You may not see a ton of deer, but the hogs are thick.

I know for a fact that if you went town FM (farm to market) road 149 (on the west side of the forest) and then headed south on Forest Road 203 to the dead end...there is hog sign all over the place. The terrain is such that you could set up in a small chair in a thicket, a pop up blind, or even a climber since there are so many tall straight pine trees.

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
I would love to hunt public land, but I will only have one day to hunt, no scouting time or anything else, so in this case I'd like to find a day lease or outfitter.  Thanks.

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Check out Cougar Run Ranch. I think it's just north of Houston, probably less than an hour.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
you can also try texasbowhunter.com  

it's a forum similar to this. there are a lot of guys near houston that would have some info

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©