3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your FOC method  (Read 629 times)

Offline free2bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your FOC method
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
For a 45 pound recurve at 27, I shoot Heritage 150 w 50 grain brass insert and 200 grain head,

Offline Schultzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eugene Slagle:
The download that you have there showes mt FOC to be at 22.5 but Stu Miller's showes me at 16.0

Which one is correct?

I inputed the infor that is my arrow into both.
I'm guessing Stu Miller Is using method 2 In the link I posted and that's the method I prefer. From what I understand neither way Is wrong. Like Ashby said In his reports when people discuss FOC with each other, be clear to people on what method you use so people don't get confused.

Offline Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
there's a place and time and reason for everything.

my well flying 11/32" (actually .03215" in diameter) woodies are barely 11% to a max of 14% foc and all are at least 600 grains, some near 700 grains total weight.  they have and will kill real well.  i hope to bury a few in the right mark come this spring's hunt.

my "panzer tank killer" arrow is a gt .286" diameter 55/75 carbon that's 680 grains and well over 30% foc.  it will out penetrate (by almost 6") a woodie of the same total weight, when shot into a dense, layered foam butt, both sport the same tusker concorde broadhead.  both fly as if on rails.

which should i prefer to hunt hogs with this spring, and why?    ;)  
I'd be happy with either (if they shot well) should someone invite me on a hog hunt.    :biglaugh:  

Sounds like either will defeat the gristle plate and spell dead little piggy.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©