3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Browning Sequoia longbow, what do ya think  (Read 389 times)

Offline Mystory

• Trad Bowhunter
Browning Sequoia longbow, what do ya think
« on: June 07, 2007, 04:18:00 AM »
I am a new to archery and bought a browning sequoia heritage series bow 50# @ 28 and was wondering if you all think that is a good bow,
seems good to me but would like some opinions, thank you.
Ron
It is what it is

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Browning Sequoia longbow, what do ya think
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
Browning makes good products, find someone or a club to shoot with and learn to shoot correctly. Longbows can be fun to shoot, have fun.

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
It is made by PSE and I would try and find a better bow, it has excessive handshock and vibration. other than that it's not too bad but I would look in the classifieds on this website for a good deal.

Offline Shovelbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
it has excessive handshock and vibration.
I own one and it has absolutely NO handshock or vibration! I did however throw the fastflight string away and put on B50.
I highly recommend this bow.
There are some times when you don't need to spend a ton of money to get a good bow. This is one of them.
No matter what type of bow is shot, we're all archers.

Offline Mystory

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
ya, I cant really tell about hand shock coz im new, seems to shoot well, I bought a couple of books on shooting that will be here soon from amazon. TRADITONAL ARCHERY by Sam Falda, Instinctive Archery Insights by Jay Kidwell
i am waiting, not really anyone to shoot with here. im on my own
It is what it is

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
Kind of off topic but I would recommend The Traditional  Bowhunters Handbook by T.J. Conrads also.  He is the publisher of Traditional Bowhunter magazine (also recommended) and the book really serves well as a go-to resource on most things traditional.  I have come back to the traditional realm after being away a LONG time.  Some things have changed and some things I just never knew.  The book also gives a brief history of some of the traditional greats.  I go to the book frequently.

As for the bow, I would imagine it would be just fine.  I think alot of times we get "starter" bows and end up keeping them even after adding newer, nicer bows.  The old ones can shoot quite well although I can't personally vouch for that particular bow.  Good luck and most of all have fun.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©