3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The latest on KUIU!  (Read 324 times)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
The latest on KUIU!
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
Hi guys,

I just spent 2 days in Salt Lake City with Jason Hairston at the "Outdoor Retailer" sport show. After sitting in on several meetings with Jason and his suppliers. I can say that without question, KUIU is using the absolute finest Merino Wool in the world. KUIU's attention to quality and detail is exceptional. KUIU is dealing with only the finest suppliers worldwide and the innovations Jason is working on, are exciting.

The KUIU rain gear is made of the best material available. The new camo pattern and color scheme is like nothing else on the market today. All KUIU apparel will be made in Canada and the March release date is fast coming!

I finally had a chance to seee and examine the new "Carbon Frame" back pack. It is amazing. Its weight, felxibility and comfort are like no pack I've ever seen. In fact as we walked around the show, many other vendors wanted to try the pack on...and everyone was impressed! I think this pack will revolutionize the way we look at and the way we feel about "ultra light" back pack frames!

There are a few other exciting things coming from KUIU...but for now, I'll keep them to myself. All I can say is, you will all really love what KUIU is bringing to the outdoor market.

The 2011 pricing is now on-line and can be viewed at  www.kuiu.com   Please take a look and if I can answer any questions or help in any way. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Peter Iacavazzi
 www.kuiu.com

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The latest on KUIU!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Hey Pete! I find no info on that site. Just some pics and that's all. The "shop" link doesn't work at all.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Charlie, all the info is on the blog...click on it..
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Never mind Curt got there first.  Looking  forward to getting my hands on some of this stuff.
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
What is the rain gear called and what is the pricing for it?  

Thanks,

David

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Can't wait to order some and try it out!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
David,
If I'm not mistaken, it's the Chugach jacket and pants.  All the prices are listed on the blog.

This is cut and pasted directly from Kuiu's website.  Please check out Kuiu's blog for more information on Toray and the Chugach Jacket/Pants

"To answer many of the specific questions regarding the features of KUIU’s new rain gear. KUIU’s Chugach Jacket weighs in at only 17oz and the Chugach pant is a mere 13oz which are on par for 2-layer and 2.5-layer rain gear.  The Chugach Jacket offers a full front zip, two hand pockets, generous pit-zips and a well-designed hood.  The pant has reinforced cuffs, full leg zips that double as ventilation, zippered fly and built in belt."

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
Thanks Ryan, I need some good rain gear.  And could always use some top notch merino wool.

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Can't wait for pics....
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »
Thanks Curt! I was just trying to be helpful. I doubt any of this stuff will ever be in my budget... and I wouldn't know a blog if it bit me in the butt.
   :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Spence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
Peter,
Can you tell us how quiet the new rain gear will be?  Seems lightweight packable raingear that is actually quiet is akin to dragon scales and hen's teeth. Thanks.

Offline DXH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
Looks interesting, I am looking into purchasing some gear for a fall hunt, definatly at the top of the list! Please keep us updated with more info
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
http://kuiu.wordpress.com/

There you go Charlie, check it out.  I think you'll be very surprised at what Jason is doing with the pricing structure!  Impressive!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
Looks like awesome stuff! If those are the prices on the merino base layer...that's very reasonable, even on my wages! It's about time somebody made good hunting clothing an average guy can afford. Jason

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Thanks Curt! Very impressive indeed.   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline DXH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
Guru,

are you using kuiu gear some?
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
...In answer to the question: will the Chugach rain gear be quiet. Yes, its made of a material that is not "PVC" or plastic. It will not be like wearing soft fleece, but as far as a fully waterproof garment it will be noticeably quieter then any other rain gear on the market. I always hesistate to say this, but in truth if its raining hard enough to be wearing the gear, odds are your going to be seeking shelter or at the very least the sounds of the rain hitting the foilage will be much louder then the apparel. Over all the Chugach suit is made or the highest rating 20,000/20,000 for water proof and breathability in the industry today. In laymans terms: Its the absolute highest rated and highest quality out there.

Charlie, Please look closely at the KUIU pricing structure. I can tell you from sitting in on the meetings and from speaking with the suppliers myself: KUIU is using the very best Merino Wool and the very best suppliers and designers in the industry. Jason is changing the dynamic of how "we" purchase high quality gear, by offering it directly to YOU/WE the consumer. There is no "point" mark up by selling to a retailer and then to the consumer. Jason's pricing model is the first of its kind in the hunting/outdoor industry and it simply means...WE at KUIU will offer the highest quality gear at the same price we'd sell to a retailer...only there is no retailer...the price we will sell to YOU/US the consumer is the wholesale price we'd offer a retailer. By doing this Jason is passing the savings on to the consumer without sacrificing the high uality and high standards of KUIU.

Please also consider this. Yesterday we were at the "Winter Outdoor Retailer" show. No other Big Name hunting company was there. This show is where all the top mountaineering, skiing, camping, hiking, climbing, extreme sporting people in the industry go. Jason is dealing with the high end suppliers. He is not looking to design yet another "hunting line"...No, KUIU is designed with the mounaineering, extreme outdoor industry in mind. Several of the vendors there, smiled and commented" "You guys at KUIU are the first "hunting" people we've ever talked too. It was cool to see how Jason is incorporating the innovations and technology of the mountaineering/extreme world into a "hunting" garment.

When you consider that and then look at his pricing model....you may think, WOW! I know I do. Buy dealing directly with the consumer and avoidin the "middle man" KUIU will be able to do several things: 1. Have a more intimate relationship with OUR customers. 2. Be able to sell high quality items at a fair and affordable price. 3. eliminate all middle men and allow OUR customers to deal with KUIU...instead of the big box stores...4. Have a more direct relationship with OUR customers in the future development of all KUIU gear.

I firmly believe that what KUIU is doing will rock the industry. Jason and KUIU are committed to being the first to give the consmers what they have been waiting for: The best product available at a price that all outdoorsmen can afford!

I also would like you to know that Curt "Guru" Cabrera and Ryan "I'm not a water-boy" Sanpei are intimately involved with KUIU and its development, so their responses to any KUIU posts will be spot on! Jason and I are excited to have them  on board and we think you'll agree...they are both two solid men!

Thank you,

Peter Iacavazzi
 www.kuiu.com

Pete

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
All I can say is PLEASE someone make some of this kind of gear in TALL sizes. Not all of us have stumpy little arms, some of us are knuckle draggers!
TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
...we will do our best to fit every body....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©