3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Samick suprise  (Read 149 times)

Offline SimpleMan

• Trad Bowhunter
Samick suprise
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Well, you guys are GREAT!

I followed advice I read on here and decided to purchase a left handed bow after trying it right handed with left eye dominance.  I read reviews of the Samick Sage on Pete's World and decided to purchase one.  I found one on an auction sight in left hand 45#.  It just came in today and was able to get it fixed up and flung a few arrows.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO very pleased with it.  For $130 to my door, it was well worth the money to me.  I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money to verify that I could shoot left handed.  With minor work and at 8 yds, I broke two knocks out of 14 arrows and lost one woody on my 1st round of shots.

The bow itself was not custom quality and I didn't expect it nor pay for custom.  The limbs fit very snug in the pockets, but one is not finished out as well as the other.  One's tip is sanded to blend in with the main limb better than the other.  The riser is super comfortable, but doesn't have all the pores sealed.  It came with a Dacron 16 stran 62" string.  The riser has beautiful look and I am very pleased to have it.

For me, it is perfect for me to work on my left hand form and has been just what the doctor ordered.  Pete was spot on in his review.  If you are looking for a good bow, this one fills the bill nicely.
Know God, Know Peace!

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Samick suprise
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »
Thank you for nice words. It is nice to know the review was a help, and you are happy with your bow.
 Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Swiftspeed10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
good luck man, bow will do you well for plenty and then some more, and then in the future you could always keep it as a low poundage practice/backup hunting bow.
Benny
-------------------------------------------------------------
Centaur Glass 57# at 28" (58")
Sauk Trail Kenu 40# at 27" (52")--->waiting for build

Offline LH Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Good luck with the switch! Good choice of bow to try things out. Being comfortable & happy with the bow you're shooting will make the transition so much easier. Much success!
                           Keith
If this was easy, everyone would be doin' it!

Offline J. Oles

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Sounds like a great deal,
Good luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©