3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Off Topics as of late.....  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Two blade

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Off Topics as of late.....
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
I rarely post. I do enjoy reading & gleaning.

I comprehend the fact that you deal with a lot of junk.

And yet I scream DOUBLE STANDARD!

The personal messages in many posts are full of banned items. Scripture, equipment, quotes from anti or non-hunters, even a link to instinctive archer magazine which is not all bowhunting that is from a moderator. More than a few thou shalt nots are broken.

Coffee, egg & cheese art is not bowhunting related either...........ha ha...now where did I put that lip balm!
The age of knowledge is now.... the age of wisdom is yet to come.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
In your house that you made you are the boss in Terry's house he made he is the boss.In short if others don't like the way he keeps house ,don't come over.   :campfire:   I kinda like the way the house is kept.   :coffee:   We need a biscuit gremlin.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Needed a laugh this morning - but I know better than to bring my coffee to my computer . . . my monitor is still clean.

Terry, Rob, and Moderators - it's been said many times but thanks for all you do to keep this the best site around!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Two blade:
I rarely post. I do enjoy reading & gleaning.

I comprehend the fact that you deal with a lot of junk.

And yet I scream DOUBLE STANDARD!

The personal messages in many posts are full of banned items. Scripture, equipment, quotes from anti or non-hunters, even a link to instinctive archer magazine which is not all bowhunting that is from a moderator. More than a few thou shalt nots are broken.

Coffee, egg & cheese art is not bowhunting related either...........ha ha...now where did I put that lip balm!
I respect your honesty,but not your tact. If this was my house you would be asked to leave.
 I hear they are playing video games and talking about football on another site. Maybe you should join them?
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Well I just went over and read that thread.  Looks like it's time to weed the garden again.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
Well I just went over and read that thread.  Looks like it's time to weed the garden again.

Mike
x2!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Can you explain why a post asking a question about a bow that is not made by a sponsor is pulled? Yet when people talk about Bear,Blacktail, Martin, and other non-sponsor bowyers it is ok?  Is there a good explanation for this?  Does a sponsor not like some bowyers and just puts pressure on you guys or what?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
Snag,

You answer was emailed to you....I guess you didn't get it...or read it....your answer is also on this very thread....it was answered previously when someone else asked this very question.

Originally posted by Terry Green:
Brian...meant to email ya...but ran out of time.

No, that's not the reason.  Posts about non-sponsors are not always pulled....hardly ever.  However, when there becomes a pattern of what appears to be 'working the board'...or 'spamming' the site by the same company having multiple threads...or threads constantly on the 1st page...then that pattern will be stopped.  A lot of these topics are started and questions are asked that should be asked directly to the company, not here on TradGang.  Another ploy is to seize upon a post made in passing.  Once and innocent post is made....there are members that seemingly 'appear' and the thread turns into a picture/praise fest for the company...and all that was asked for was a simple brace hieght recommendation(example)....again, should have contacted the bowyer directly.

No way should some of these company's have more exposure than paying sponsors.  Unfortunately when this pattern is 'found out'....then all threads from that company are removed even if they are made in passing.  Casualties of War if you will.  We hate it, but we have to protect those that support the site or we wouldn't have one.

Unless you run a site this size, you really don't know how hard it is to keep on track, and how many folks will try and take advantage of it and how many ways they will try.  Sometimes these folks spend more time and effort than the Sponsorship costs!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Seems odd that other non-sponsor bowyer's bows still remain. Blacktail bows show up in vast numbers with pictures, whole threads about them. It is just this one bowyer's bows that gets deleted. Well now I know. Just a little disappointed in this.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not yet, but here goes nothing.

Everyone must remember that this is the Internet and this is a website created by people who wanted to build their own small world, and they designed it the way they envisioned it to be.
This is not free America once you step into this world, democracy does not apply here. So the accusations of double standards is really a mute point.

Think of it as a "Dictatorship" if you will.
With Terry and the other mods Dictating how this world will be run with it's own set of laws, conditions, and system of government.
That's the beauty of the Internet, you can design and rule your own world here and nobody can say otherwise as long as it's not illegal.

In a nutshell......if your not a good and upstanding citizen of this world you can be immediately exiled into cyberspace.

Whether you like it or not doesn't matter, buy whether you agree to abide by it or not matters the most.

I like this world in cyberspace and I hope that I can stay for as long as I like. I fully intend to because I understand how the laws in cyberspace work. I'm also a moderator on another site non-archery related so I can completely understand what the moderators here are dealing with.
The lines must be drawn somewhere or complete chaos will rule, then before you know it the website is a complete mess.
I've also had some posts yanked when I unknowingly over stepped my bounds and it didn't offend me in the least.

I hope I didn't offend anybody with those statements, but you all know it's the truth and sometimes the truth hurts.
Just abide by the laws that have been set forth on this site and everything will run smoothly for everybody.
That's just how I see it.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
If people put as much effort into paying attention to the rules and guideline, as they do arguing about them this would never be a topic. In school if you argued with the rules and disobeyed them you got expelled. Keep it simple it's not that hard.

"Can't we all just get along"-Rodney King
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
I'm all for rules, laws, boundaries. It just seems like it applies to some and not all. Even, fair, constant, the same....?  That's all I have to say.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
Lets try this again.....

Snag,

You answer was emailed to you....I guess you didn't get it...or read it....your answer is also on this very thread....it was answered previously when someone else asked this very question.

No, that's not the reason. Posts about non-sponsors are not always pulled....hardly ever.   However, when there becomes a pattern of what appears to be 'working the board'...or 'spamming' the site by the same company having multiple threads...or threads constantly on the 1st page...then that pattern will be stopped.  A lot of these topics are started and questions are asked that should be asked directly to the company, not here on TradGang. Another ploy is to seize upon a post made in passing. Once and innocent post is made....there are members that seemingly 'appear' and the thread turns into a picture/praise fest for the company...and all that was asked for was a simple brace hieght recommendation(example)....again, should have contacted the bowyer directly.

No way should some of these company's have more exposure than paying sponsors. Unfortunately when this pattern is 'found out'....then all threads from that company are removed even if they are made in passing. Casualties of War if you will. We hate it, but we have to protect those that support the site or we wouldn't have one.

Unless you run a site this size, you really don't know how hard it is to keep on track, and how many folks will try and take advantage of it and how many ways they will try. Sometimes these folks spend more time and effort than the Sponsorship costs!!!

So, would it be FAIR if you were a paying sponsor and a company that wasn't was always having multiple threads?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
No need to take it personal...

Heck, do you think all of us admin/mod types agree on everything??

Think about if fellas...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
This is a great site. I spend far to much time on it. To Terry and the rest of the mods, "Thanks for a job well done".  :thumbsup:

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
I lied....I do have more to say about this.

Ok, I understand the "working the board" and "spaming" thing. But I just asked one question about a bow and how to set it up. That's all. If you are worried about an "innocent post" turning into a thread about supporting or advertising for a non-sponsoring bowyer then, once again, there are many more situations on this site that you should look at.  If a rule is a rule then it should be enforced. I would think you would allow the question I asked to be answered. Then if it turns into a multiple praise-fest for this bowyer and his bows (which a current sponsoring bowyer can't stand to see) then pull it or ask that it stop. But to indiscriminately pull a thread, that just seems to be inconsistant with your own policy. I can live with or without this call. No big deal. It just seems like we are stepping lightly around the real problem here. A bowyer that does not like this bow being talked about at all. But they pay for sponsoring here. I am in business for myself and understand how this works.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Again Snag, You're making it personal and more of a big deal than it is...the more you complain, the worse it gets.

Move on man...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Curt: "Move on man..."

...good sense and perfect timing there...some of us need to have a good guy there ready to diffuse.

Snag:     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    

This is just one reason I like it here...there is a genuine interest in making things better - that is why I cannot take things too personal...because it's not personal.  Good stuff!

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
all i can say is WOW.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©