3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Game or Small Game?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Game or Small Game?
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Big game.  Deer specifically.  I enjoy the challenge of hunting older bucks (for my region anyway) and the problem-solving that goes with it.  There are so many different tactics/techniques that could be used, and even when you get halfway decent at it, the buck wins almost every time anyway.  It's addictive.

And actually, I really am motivated by the problem-solving which is actually a big part of most big game hunting.  I rarely shoot the little critters anymore, but as my kids get to hunting age I suspect I will do more of that again.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
I'm really into big game...but most small game is really underrated.  I do alot of squirell hunting after deer season with my bow...and I love it.  I love the change of pace from sitting in trees all day.  I buy inexpensive wood shafts, and paint them blaze orange.  Put an ace hex head on and I'm good to go.  If I shoot and miss a tree rat, I will find the arrow because of the blaze orange thing.  I find squirells are easier to hit if you shoot them out of trees.  They don't seem to be able to react as well.  Also, forget using flu flu arrows.  Tree rats will dodge them 95% of the time.  Of course...I live in northern Illinois, and we have big fox squirells up here.  Grey squirells are much harder to hit!

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
all game for me! but if i had to choose i would say preditor,i feel ive really done somthing when i stick a coyote,bobcat, or fox with a bow!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©