3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grips On Hill's  (Read 416 times)

Offline droz il

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grips On Hill's
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
I like the straight grip on my Robin Hood.
David Miller Old Tom 66" string follow 46@28
HH Robin Hood LH 68" 45@28
Martin Viper  RH 64" 45@28
Bamboo backed hickory ELB #45

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Anonymous

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
I have tried all the grips all of them where easy to get use to.But i went with the straight grip.Its whatever you want.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
Don't forget that Craig also offers both a narrow and wide waist on his grips so you need to choose that as well. Regardless of the style you select I highly recommend that you send him a tracing of your bow hand so that the grip can be sized accordingly...if it doesn't fit, it won't work!

Spanky
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
Spanky....good info!! I have huge hands and was hoping that Craig could do a little creative engineering..

By "waist" are you talkin diameter or length.

Ben, I wish I was more like you!! You can shoot anything and feel comfortable with it..

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
On the Hill bows there really isnt much difference to me except the large td handle, it really fills my hand.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline mudfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
I chucked a sanding drum into a drill press and made the dished grip on my Big 5 a little more dished.  mainly to make it a little wider where I push with my palm, it's more comfortable now.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
I started out with a locator. Then a slight dished. When I ordered my TD "RedMan" my only choice was either a small or large straight. I chose the small and loved it. Short time later I purchased another TD from a bud. This one had the larger TD grip, but it was only about 1/4" larger in diameter. As you can see I've tried them all. The straight grip is #1 in my book but it is a personal thing. Gotta love those Hill's.  :archer:

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
Bill, I am chompin' at the bit to start shooting one.  These past few days here have been a blast.  Seems like the dished would feel strange but then, seemingly, everything is different about them hills and the boys that shoot 'em

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
The waist is the width of the grip from side to side. The wide waist feels alot like the T/D sleeve to me, while the narrow feels more pointy (not sharp though) against your palm. I personally did not like the narrow one..didn't feel right to me, and I did not shoot it well. I had the wide one tapered slightly towards the palm side so it didn't have that racetrack look to it, and it worked very well for me! Today I shoot the Schultz style teardrop and that's the one that I like the best!

Spanky
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline Bent Rig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Stone Knife - if you have a copy of a catolog from HHA(this years) - there is a pic of Howard leaning on a bow over a Lioness with a dished grip that is easy to see - there goes that theory . Lol !  :D
Paul

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©