3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Told I need Professonal Help.....  (Read 439 times)

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Told I need Professonal Help.....
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
I don't know if its the fact its the middle of January, and cold outside, or if its because elk season is 6 months away.

Picked up a Paratipi yesterday, and I'm sure everyone can relate- ya just gotta try it out. But how do you try out a tent went the ground outside is hard as concrete?

Ya just gotta improvise. Seems my dog Takota took an immediate liking to it. My wife......not so much. She said something about I need professonal  help

I was informed,with "THAT LOOK" that someone is pretty sure I have more money tied up in hunting and archery gear than we have in furniture. Is that a bad thing?

Pitching my tent in the living room is NOT considered rearranging the furniture. Thats news to me.

IS it bad that the UPS driver has to cut the motor and coast up the driveway so he can sneak my deliveries in stealth mode?

Why do I have to hide the Cabelas catalog in the back of the cabinet under the bathroom sink?

Should the questions How many ___________ do you need, or how much did THAT cost? be banned from the household?

Then theres- those tags cost HOW MUCH?

Why is it my 3Rivers Archery catalog mysteriously disappeared, and was replaced by brochures from Royal Carribean and Carnival Cruise lines?

Did you know that for what a cruise cost I cold also get a mule deer AND a bear tag too?

It was explained to me that "traveling in style" does not mean flying in on a bush plane.

It was also mentioned that I do not need to guess how many yards it is from the dairy dept to the meat dept at the grocery store.

I was disappointed when I learned they do not make a Burnt Feathers and Duco Air freshener fragrance.

Wearing "something nice" does not mean putting on wool camo instead of cotton.

When my doctor told me to get plenty of fluids, he never said there couldnt be fish in them.

I thought going on a cruise meant we were fishing a lot further offshore.

"Honey- why is the freezer stuffed full of turkey wings, deer hides, and a frozen fox?

Do you HAVE to wear that hat everywhere?

Dear- next time you put your stinky hunting boots in the oven when you treat them, make sure you dont forget to take them out. The smell of well done boots doesnt mix so good with the meat loaf.

How was I supposed to know not everyone finds the sound of my elk bugle soothing to the ear?

Why does the Visa card dissappear from my wallet every year right before the Kalamazoo Trad expo?

Why does Thunderstick archery always seem to get mysteriously deleted from My Contacts on my cell phone?

How was I supposed to know that bottled elk pee spilled in the garage would make it smell like that for that long?

Apparently shooting the tops off dandelions is not considered "doing yard work".

And finally- You're not going to eat THAT are you?

One more thing, when the shink shows you pictures of ink blobs in different colors, do not suggest changing to more subtle colors and making it a camo pattern. theyt will immediately schedule you for more appointments, and the cost will seriously cut in to your secret longbow slush fund.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Told I need Professonal Help.....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
You don't need help at all.  You seem perfectly normal.  

My wife always asks why i don't see a doctor for that hip quiver problem.  

I think you are in good company here.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
I know "the look" very well. LOL
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Ron+dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
MAN YOU GOT TROUBLE
>>>--------> <--------<<<
" the happiness that is found sleeping under tents is unbelievable. one night in tents is worth three in town" -bruce chatwin in far journeys

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »
Now that's funny stuff!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
Nice! I guess I am lucky in some ways. She just knows I am hopeless. I get the look every now and then when she see's me taking pictures of my bows. I tell her it's all the folks at trad gang they want to see them.   :thumbsup:
USMC 82-86

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Its all tongue in cheek, she gives me some ribbing, but she hunts deer a lot with me. Elk huntin, she says thats my gig. Buut she does point out my "quirks" to get a rise out of me.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »
You're more normal than most. I too have gone the indoor camping route. When the shack nasties hit, you just gotta play. Nice to have a wife to give some good natured ribbing too. If setting up a tent indoors is wrong...I don't wanna be right!
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Xavier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
A tall narrow box came in the mail today. My wife didn't say a thing. Hmmm. Good or bad? Time will tell...

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
:biglaugh:     :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    
Thats too funny!

Well, guess youre still lucky! If all these questions would have come up during one year im sure i could raise as many tents as i want, because she would be gone for good.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 06:20:00 AM »
I guess I just don't understand. I don't see a problem with anything you've done  :goldtooth:  

You know it's bad when you start having orders shipped to friends houses instead of your own.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »
If Ruth can leave Chistmas lights all year, I can camp in the living room! Perfect spot.., we already have a nice fireplace & running water. Good stuff Aa.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
I don't see anything wrong in all that.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
:biglaugh:  Great list
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 07:08:00 AM »
Remind your wife that hunting and archery feed the soul while a new couch just keeps your a$$ off the carpet.

I've got the wife trained to the point now that she's agreed for me to wall off a good portion of the family room to make a walk-in bow, gun, and flyrod room    :bigsmyl:
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Looks like you need to renovate so you can get a wall tent set up in the den.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
I would most likely direct my attention towards my wife for awhile and put a hold on my own self interests. Without them who would we be! Maybe that cruise would be a good idea. My priorities in life are Family, work then play - the order never changes

Offline EHK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
sounds like we're married to the same woman!

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
Worry not rraming, when we got married, it was an outdoors wedding, and we shot flaming arrows from matching Bear Grizly's to light the Unity Campfire. Shes a good woman and I counldnt ever replace her.

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »
Seems perfectly normal to me, If your wife needs a friend I will send mine up.  They sound like twins.
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©