3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which quiver  (Read 208 times)

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
Which quiver
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
Guys,

I'm trying to decide which quiver to buy for use on my Bob Lee and Palmer bows.  I'm leaning towards the GN quick mount quiver, but have read where others have used Eagle Flight quivers.

For those who have used the above please let me know what the positives and negatives are for both.  I plan to use the quiver while in a tree stand/tripod and stalking.

Thanks in advance.
Moon

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which quiver
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Never used a GN but I have 4 Eagle's Flights.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online durp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
cant go wrong with the GN...quality all the way

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
I like the GN the best. Light and quiet!
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline TexasStick81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
I love my EFA quiver.
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 55@29

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"

Offline mudfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
I have Great Northern and Eagle Flight.  I use the GN for hunting because it straps on great to a longbow and is totally silent.  It does not strap so great to a recurve because the limbs are swept back.  I mounted one to one of my recurves by bending the wire arms 90 degrees and strapping it to the side of the riser.

The Eagle Flight is a very small package to go in my hunting gear as a backup.  Since it mounts to the limb it flexes with the limb and about every 3rd or 4th shot the back arrow comes loose from the gripper.  It's a pain for everyday shooting but for hunting where you only take 1 or maybe 2 shots, it's a non-issue.  Also, on some of my bows the top portion tended to walk up the limb, but on other bows it stays put.  Again, a non-issue in hunting, and it saved the day for me once when I needed a back-up.

I recently got a Kanati adjustable side-mount quiver, it straps to the side of the riser and fits every bow I've tried it on except the Howard Hill, the riser is just not wide enough for it on that.  Also, when you order it you have the choice of small, medium, or large gripper.  Where with a GN it only comes with the large gripper and you have to buy an additional small gripper if you are going to use carbon arrows.

Offline mudfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
this is the model Kanati that I got, adjustable angle FDS.  Also, the same quiver can be used LH or RH

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
Moon

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
I have had no issues with my EFA and arrows or quiver coming loose.  I mount mine as close to riser/fadeouts as possible so it doesn't move with the limbs which is also what the bowyer recommends.  EFA offers several different models including ones with the support between the hood and the gripper.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
I have 2 GN quivers, which I use for stumping and hunting. They work great. You can use them for wood or carbon with the right grippers. Quick attach and remove as needed. Great product Don
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
I have a GN quiver and its nice. I shoot the woodsman elite heads. The hood however does not cover the entire head. There is 1/2"-3/4" of blade exposed, which could be dangerous if not careful. I suggest if you shoot a long head, to make sure the hood is adequate.
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline mudfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
kadbow - was not trying to badmouth the EFA, mine is an older model and was mounted on takedown longbows right above the riser. possibly it was pushing against the riser when the bow was drawn, but the last arrow would come loose after a few shots.  of course if you were hunting that arrow wouldn't be there anymore after the first shot because it would be nocked for the next shot.  I really like knowing that there is a back-up quiver in my gear taking up almost no room, and it works great for hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©