3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my new bow is coming!!!!!  (Read 367 times)

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
my new bow is coming!!!!!
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
I should have my new bow in tomarrow or thursday (really really hoping tomarrow). i cant wait the bowyer sent the final pics of it and it looks great, just how i wanted it to look.  ill post pics when the bow arrives and i had some time to shoot it and set it up. deffinatly going to take it to the local range and shoot some indoor 3d targets to break it in.

cant wait
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Swiftspeed10

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my new bow is coming!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
what bow is it?  spec's?
Benny
-------------------------------------------------------------
Centaur Glass 57# at 28" (58")
Sauk Trail Kenu 40# at 27" (52")--->waiting for build

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
the first one listed in my sig.  except its about 42# at my draw length. hope to see it in a few hrs.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
im so mad its not even funny.  im waiting for the bow to come and the mail man comes puts the mial in the box and leaves. my dad just got the mial and a note was in there said says sorry we missed you we will re deliver????? i was home there were 3 cars in the drive way and that lazy sob didnt even so much as honk his horn. there closed now so im going to have to call them early and tell them to keep it at the office and ill pick it up. i wouldnt want the mail man to have to lift his hand a honk his horn, must be to hard.

i have school and work tomarrow so i wont even be able to shoot it much. ill be up at 5am and call them the second they open so i can get it.

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
ohhhh that isnt right!!  have had similar problems with the ups here... makes a guy mad.
is it September yet??

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
im so mad. ill be there the second they open and get the package.  they usually pull in the drive way and honk the horn. the guy even looked at me in the window. he didnt stop so i assumed the bow just hasnt got here yet. thought it was funny he was at the mail box so long. idk seems like honking the horn would have been easier then filling out that paper. o well ill be at the office at 6am waiting for them to open at 6:15. that way i can shoot it until 8 then head off to class.  wish i just ran out there now, guess ill have to do that for now on when im expecting a package. how am i suppose to sleep tonight knowing my bows waiting for me???? long sleepless night for me haha

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Saw a pic of your bow, it looks very nice!
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Swinestalker:
Saw a pic of your bow, it looks very nice!
thanks kegan did a good job. just the look i wanted.  good looking but not so flashy and fancy i would be afriad to hunt with it and scratch it up.  great guy to deal with as well. if i like this one i will probably order that short take down model he is going to start designing

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
Congrats on the new bow. It's always nice to receive a new, used, or even old bow. Again congrats. Can't wait to see the pics.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Kegan's a great bowyer. I think it'll be an awesome bow. Do you know what wood's are in it?

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by K. Mogensen:
Kegan's a great bowyer. I think it'll be an awesome bow. Do you know what wood's are in it?
maple for the limbs and a oak and maple riser. all he offers right now. he said when he is going to start buying different woods and start designing a shorter model and a faster model of his hybrid.  he said he has been shooting 450 and 600gr arrows out of mine and said its handling them both great.  its nothing fancy but its in my price range and he is a good guy that needs cash to keep his designs progressing. cant wait to shoot it tomarrow morning. i should be firing arrows by 7am  :D    

i love his self bows, those things look great and seem to be his specialty although his hybrids are looking great.

Offline tradshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
I was the same way waiting for a bow to arrive. I missed the Saturday USPS closing at 11:30 because I was Sturgeon fishing and had to wait til the next Monday. Was a long weekend! Post some pic's!

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
well i went there at 6:15 am whch according to the paper said they would be open but turns out only the lobby is.  so i headed back at 8:30 and got there just in time to grab it.  looks good and pretty fast. think i might change the string it came with. its a fast flight string and its very skinny.  bows groupping great but its grouping to the left of where im aiming. idk how to tune bows and have to figure it out. im going to try and paper tune it tomarrow.

wonder if icould just have someone serve over the serving so its thicker.

draws smooth, holds great, has same shock to it. more then my kodiak but less then the polar. might try some limb savers out.

anyways i have to see what he recommands for the brace hieght on this bow and just try tuning it.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Congrats!!  Where are the pics?

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
I'm playing the waiting game on a used lb and it is tough!  It took 1 week for my certified check to get there via USPS.  I'm worse than a kid before Christmas.  I can only imagine how bad it is for some of you guys ordering your dream bow and the bowyer taking 6-12 months to build it!
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »
mine took like a month if that. but he is a new guy.

im going to snap some shots of it now and attempt to post them up.  i still cant get the group to move right though. i gave the bow more brace height and that helped a little but still not enough. probably just me no use to this style bow yet. been shooting that kodiak for a long time.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
k im going to try. someones most likly will have to fix them for me.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
ya i have no clue how to get pictures up on this site. im copying the code for message boards, im i picking the wrong one?

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »
fixed it

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
got to actually shoot it past 13 yds today and i like.  this bow launches arrows. pretty flat at 20yds with my 466gr arrows compared to my kodiak and polar.  still getting use to it since it sthe first bow like this i have shot but at 20 yds it was grouping pretty good. probably a 4-6" avg at my best so far with  roughly 10" being my worst (first few groups haha) then the few groups that arepacked together and make you go WHOOHOOO, but then you realize it was luck haha. all shots toward the end were staying right in the killzone on my deer target face and i still ahve to mess around with the tuning some more.  stacks arrows at 10yds and i can shoot this long sob on my knees with no issues so that good.  have to order some judos and go stumping

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©