3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Comments needed, please  (Read 393 times)

Offline AobSmith

• Trad Bowhunter
Comments needed, please
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
I'm very interested to buy Martin Traditional longbow STICK" series from 3 Rivers Archery.  I like its plain design, D-shape and down-to-earth simplicity with reasonable price. Kindly please feed me your valuable & extra comments about such STICK series, please.  

Many thanks for your kind help.  

AobSmith

Offline charlie brown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Comments needed, please
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 04:03:00 AM »
Aobsmith you answered your one Question.
1  I like its D shape.
2  I like its Simplicity.
3  Reasonable priced.
4  And yes its a good Bow for the money.

Charlie Brown.

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
I own one. It is a nice looking bow. A fair bow at a fair price. You won't go wrong.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
I gave my youngest son one for Christmas. He seemed to like it. It shoots good, draws smooth and looks nice. Go for it!
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Martin makes some fine bows. It all depends upon what you want. In my opinion, a bow like that can be harder to master than a bow with a dished handle, lots of reflex/deflex, etc. But it's not suppose to be "easy".
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
The Stick was my first longbow, and it kicked like a mule. I know now (I didn't then) that the way you hold a longbow will effect how much handshock you feel, so it could have been the way I was shooting it. But, I also know having shot many more bows since, that sometimes it really is that the bow is just shocky.

I've heard some people say their Stick was not shocky at all, others have had the same experience I did. So perhaps it varies bow to bow. But for me it was bad. I was shooting about an hour a day, and I had to wear one of those tennis strap things on my left arm to ease the pain in my elbow. The pain got so bad to where my arm ached all the time, not just while shooting. So I sold the Stick and haven't had a problem since.

Martin does make quality bows and heck, maybe their newer Sticks are not as shocky. It is almost ten years ago now when I bought mine. Just something to be mindful of. Go shoot one before buying if you can.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©