3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Martin Jaguar  (Read 270 times)

Offline celticfisherman

• Trad Bowhunter
Martin Jaguar
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
Has anyone shot the Martin Jaguar? I played with one today at the local shop and really liked it. Wanted to know if anyone had one and what they thought about it. The price was so good I am thinking seriously about picking one up.
"Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatique and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps and happy campfires." -Fred Bear

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Martin Jaguar
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »
They shoot great, have shot and tuned several. The riser is a compound riser, and feels like one. I think they are a great shooting, barebones, workhorse of a bow, and I can get over the looks as long as it shoots where I look. I am not a wood snob, my go  to bows are Quinn stallions, metal risers.
samuel koger

Offline Swiftspeed10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
they are a bargain and martin makes nice products, go with your gut feeling and buy it, worse comes to worse a year down the road you choose to get a different bow and you didn't really make that big on an investment.
Benny
-------------------------------------------------------------
Centaur Glass 57# at 28" (58")
Sauk Trail Kenu 40# at 27" (52")--->waiting for build

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:10:00 AM »
I have one, 50# @28  I put a bear hair rest and plate on it and shoot it right off of the shelf. Shoots great especially for the money.  Have Fun
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline celticfisherman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
Those were pretty much my ideas. I liked the idea of getting a lighter bow. THinking about a 45lb one of these.
"Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatique and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps and happy campfires." -Fred Bear

Offline OutbackMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
I got a 40#er last Jan...after backorder of a couple of weeks came to me w/twisted limbs...Sent it back and got another after several more weeks of backorder...It's string didn't ride in tracks...Martin said it was perfectly fine...Three days later it blew up at full draw.  I don't know if they've fixed the limbs since then, as there were a lot of those type stories flying, but at the same time many had no problems at all.  Personally w/the experience of the bow and the run in w/the Martin customer service over it (I won't go into all the details) I'll never touch one again.  Good luck.
N.R.A. Life Member
N.A.H.C. Life Member
Buckeye Big Buck Club Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©