3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and 2 piece longbow with arrows?  (Read 368 times)

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and 2 piece longbow with arrows?
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Will the Safari Tuff quiver hold 4-6 arrows and a 2 piece longbow? Or could it be easily modified to do so? This set-up would be useful for hands free travel on bikes,atv,horses,and long backpacking trips until you are ready to hunt.
Thanks for any input.

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and 2 piece longbow with arrows?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
The arrow master has a removable top so you could slide in a two pc bow. I doubt you would have enough room for the bow and arrows.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
I think you could make it work but you might ruffle some of your feathers.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Yes, I bet it would be just fine, and thanks for the suggestion.  I hunt with a Rokon many times with a one piece LB snuggled inside a piece of 4" PVC pipe.  I don't have a two piece LB yet but I can see that it will be on my list.

One thing you might consider is to remove your broadheads from your arrows and store them in a separate box if you are going a long way.  Might eliminate a cut string or damaged tip.

I don't think this would work with a 3 piece though as the riser would likely be too big.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
I dont know if it will work, but I will find out when I get home. Thanks for the idea.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
I think if you put the handle in the bottom and then put in the arrows you would be fine with space and feathers, but I would be seriously concerned about hacking up my bow with the arrow points.  Trying to slide even the limbs down through the feather would cause some feather issue I think and space issues with the handle double size in the feather area.  Some of that depends on how long the bow is and where the handle ends up.  I think a lot better idea is a bow sock with some attachment straps sown on and clipped to the  strap on the arrow master so it is outside the quiver.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline bicster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Thanks for asking this question. It has been my plan to do this so I could use my mountain bike to access some spots.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
It would fit! Perhaps wrap the broadheads or take them off for transport.

Offline neargeezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Why not make a couple of quick buckle/cinch straps and strap it to the outside? Could us a cloth bow sock, all would probably then go in pocket when bow is set up.

I have straped a stool to the exterior of mine.

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Sounds like it would be tight at least. Bow protection may require an additional internal divider,exterior sleeve pocket sewn in,or quick cinch straps as suggested. Thanks guys and please confirm "yes" or "no" with photos if you can. I really appreciate the help!

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
I don't know why it wouldn't work. When I hunted St. Vincent Island last year I carried a 66" T/D Wes Wallace Royal and 8 arrows in a Dawg Ware Quiver and had no problems. Since the quiver doesn't have a fletch cover I just used a Tube sock. Worked great.

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 02:47:00 AM »
I put six arrows and a three piece take down long bow(A&H ACS CX)in mine all the time. Works good for me. Gary

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
I'll get one and try it.Will mod. if needed. Thanks guys.

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
I just got my new to me Arrowaster in the mail today.  Fantastic design.  I'm loving it.  I also have a 64" two-piece BamaBow longbow.  Takes down at the handle with a sleeve.  I can manage 10 arrows and my bow in the quiver.  It's tight.  Four to six arrows is no trouble.  These have field points so nothing to scratch the bow with.  I have the stock fletch cover and it just fits over the broken down bow nicely.  Any longer of a bow and I think it would require the longer fletch cover that Rob sells.  Give it a shot.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Hi,
It works just fine. I have a critter gitter sp with the jack knife handle which I put in with 10 arrows and I sometimes take the heads off but not all the time and place them in the pocket. It works out great for me as I can grab that jump on the bike and be off and away.
If you put the arrows in first then slide the bow up into the quiver I find that works best for bow and arrows.
Thanks for your time.

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
Does your fletching make any noise when you pull arrows out of the quiver? I imagine you could pull one out silently if you pulled it slowly and carefully, but what about pulling one out quickly, such as for a second quick shot at an animal?

I have been very intrigued by this design, but have not seen one in person.

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
I think it's a relatively quiet system, probably in the same league as an old school back quiver.  The fletching makes little to zero noise, but the shafts can click together when trying to reload quickly.  Now I have not tried mine with broadheads.  If the broadheads are stuck in the foam bottom it may reduce the shaft clicking since each arrow can be spaced appropriately as to eliminate most noise.  I'm sure someone with broadhead experience will chime in.  The Arrowmaster is a great design.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
Yep it will work-

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©