3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sounds like Kalamazoo is hopping!!  (Read 2723 times)

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sounds like Kalamazoo is hopping!!
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics Todd, I forgot my camera when leaving at 3:30 am from central Illinois. It was a good time as usual.  Got to meet some nice people and shoot some bows that have not been there in the past. I was particularily interested in meeting South Cox and shooting his Stalker bows.  South is a heck of a nice guy and I think I should have passed on shooting his recurves, it is just going to end up costing me some $$$$.
I shot Stalker, Zipper, ACS, Tall Tines, Great Northern, Robertson, RER. Bought some Ace Standards and a video.  I was proud of my self control, I could have really went crazy.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Three of us made the drive up Saturday.  A great time as always.
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Its killin me I missed this year, thanks for the Pics!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
I was there Friday & Sat morning. Always a good time, I got to chat with Steve o, Whip & a few of my good buds in PBS.

I wanted to shoot some of the eye candy bows, but I hate to waste a bowyers time when I have all the bows I want.
There were some beauts though.

I managed to buy a few things anyway & had fun window shopping. I havent missed one yet, nice way to break up the winter & get pumped for the shooting season.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
The new video from the Wensel/Mitten team is not going to ready for a couple weeks because the duplicator didn't have the quality that they wanted everyone to have.  For something great we have to wait which I dont have a problem with.  They were showing clips at there booth and from what I saw it's going to be good.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Flint,
You missed another great show. Hopefully we get to meet up again next year !!!

Bill

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Thanks for posting all the pics, Todd!  Wow!  It looks like everybody who's anybody was in K-zoo!  (I guess that's why I'm here.)

My wife has no idea how happy she is that we don't live anywhere near there.    :rolleyes:
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
Man looks like a terrific time   :thumbsup:

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
Bill, work has me traveling for 3 weeks straight and I did not want to be away from my family on this weekend as well. Hopefully next year we can meet up again. Flint

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
Thanks for posting all the pics as I missed it again. Perhaps next year........
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
It was busy as ever, good to see so many people interested. I pulled an 80# @ 28" Dwyer Endeavor to 29.5"! The amazing part wasnt the 85.5# I held at anchor, it was the fact that the bow was 58" long! That was crazy!!....I had another great year, only spent $150!

Offline customcrester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
Thanks Todd and everyone for posting all the great pics! I need to make the trip one of these years.
"As long as the arrows still in the air there's hope"

Offline nampook93

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
It was a great show this year. There were a lot of great bows that people brought in. I got to try a few and they shot wonderfully. Sorry to those that could not make it this year. Hopefully you will be able to go next year. Cant wait to see all of the new bows that everyone brings next year.

Offline Dave McDaniel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
I came home broke! But I did bring home a Tall Tines!

Offline Lee Slikkers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
I just returned from the Show late this afternoon after sending the whole day there with my two young boys, 11 & 8.  It would be a major understatement to say it made a very large and positive impression on these two young men.  While I enjoyed seeing all the major "glass bow" vendors I mainly attended in hopes of seeing some of the selfbow makers and their wares.

I spent some time talking with John Cooper from Bronze Bow Archery, who had some really nice looking bows on display.  He had a few Boo backed bows that were simply gorgeous (if I end of being a putz at trying my hand at making the selfbows I will likely be knocking on John's door for one of his creations.)  He also sat down and showed me how to tie up a Tillering String and sold me one on the spot even though he was ther to sell bows not strings to a neophyte.  Thanks John!

I couldn't have been more proud and pleased than when they asked if we could leave the "Big Vendor" room and go back to talk with and watch the gentleman who were doing the Flintknapping demo...one of the guys, Greg Bennink, took lots of time to explain the process to us and the boys really got a kick out of it.

The boys & I also spent a fair amount of time talking with Marty Tarrant and Gary Davis (Rattlestick Bows) as they explained the process of making a selfbow from Osage and adding sinew backing to them.  Very nice gentlemen who kindly answered all my ignorant questions.  Gary was a true mentor and as we were leaving his demo booth he asked my boys to hold on for a second...he then proceeded to open up his glass case full of Rattle Snake skins and cut off two sets of Rattles which he gave to my boys.  They left the show so amped up about this Sport that I think they are ruined for life   ;)  

The boys also got a chance to shoot some nice kids bows at the Michigan Longbow Assn's booth...they had lots of different weights, draw lengths, etc and we ended up being able to get a pretty good idea of what these two need in terms of good shootable bows.  One of them even hit a balloon and is convinced he's the next Howard Hill   :thumbsup:  

Anyway, this was a great show and will likely be an annual for the boys and I.

Regards,

Lee
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ozzyshane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Tanks guys some great eye candy Thanksd
 Shane

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
It was an amazing weekend for sure.  Pictures just don't do it justice.  I got a couple chances to leave the Michigan Longbow Association's kids shooting area, and when I did (I was the ugly one with the goatee and maroon colored shirt, my boys were the cute ones in the maroon shirts) I enjoyed every minute of it.  I liked all the people who brought their kids to enjoy the event with them.  They are our future.  I let my boys run around by themselves, and told them don't touch a thing.  Well, they listened and the pictures tell.  Little do they know, Dad is always watching.

Thanks to anyone who was there, for another great family event that was enjoyed by many.  I met alot of you, and wish I would have met more.  Gives me something to look forward to next year.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Thanks for posting all of the pictures.

A nice show, my first time there. Great to see so many kids on Saturday. They looked to be having a great time.

A great place to try out bows, but I resisted the temptation. Had my eye on a Great Plains Swift as well, along with a R.E.R recurve. Very lucky to have escaped without too much damage to the wallet.

Will look to going again next year.
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
I managed to get back over today at noon.  I shot a pile of bows.  I was able to get right out and shoot as soon as I walked up most of the time.  There was less inventory but no wait.  Sunday could be my new Friday night for shooting the well stocked vendors bows.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline EL Mejor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Could'nt make it thanks for pics...
GREAT MEN LIVE DANGEROUSLY,small men don,t take chances...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©