3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sounds like Kalamazoo is hopping!!  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sounds like Kalamazoo is hopping!!
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
I had a great time lookin' at all of the goods. Lots of people smiling! What is it about that place that makes people so happy?

I was there all three days as my wife and I stayed close to the Expo. When she picked me up on Saturday afternoon(after she went shopping), she was waiting in the car for me for just a bit, and she commented on how almost every fella that came outside had a big grin on his face. I said they're "just happy people, I guess".LOL.

Anyway, I feel like I spent the weekend with the Widow Boys, as they have some really nice shootin' bows! Purty too!

It was a good weekend. If you haven't been there, you should try to go. If you want to shoot a bow, TRY TO BE THERE ON SUNDAY MORNING. It's kinda like a ghost town compared to Friday or Saturday.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics!  Is there anything like this in the South - doesn't seem like it.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Guys, thanks for the pictures!  Even though I was there, I feel I did not see anything.  That place was busy and it was sure nice to see--I hope that means things are getting better all over    :knothead:

I did sneak out to see Dick Robertson's talk about his sheep and goat hunts.  Excellent...

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve O:
Guys, thanks for the pictures!  Even though I was there, I feel I did not see anything.  That place was busy and it was sure nice to see--I hope that means things are getting better all over      :knothead:  

I did sneak out to see Dick Robertson's talk about his sheep and goat hunts.  Excellent...
I hear you steve.  We have talked on and off for over a year, and his relatives live around the corner, but we have yet to get together.  Well, this weekend our paths crossed paths more than a few times, and we even ate breakfast next to each other at the hotel this morning, and it wasn't untill both of us saw the pictures on this thread we realized who each other was.

It's a small world...untill you find yourself walking home.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2011, 07:08:00 AM »
Thanks for all the pics, really brought us all there.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
Thanks for the pictures and once again Thanks to everyone that stopped by and said Hi and shot our bows. It was great talking to so many of you  

Mike Vines is you son still sleeping with his new bow
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Thank you all for your patience and for stopping by the Brothers of the Bow booth. We hope to have Essential Encounters out soon. Mike

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Had a great time! The 6 hour drive was well worth it. We took a friend along and he is already talking about going back next year! Kzoo is a nice break in the winter. I ordered  a Great Northern Bushbow with the Jacknife feature. I also ordered the new Brothers of the Bow video. Should be ready to go in a couple of weeks.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Really enjoyed both speakers, Dennis and Dick talk about their adventures in Africa and Alaska. Awesome!  :clapper:    :archer2:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Herdbull:
Thank you all for your patience and for stopping by the Brothers of the Bow booth. We hope to have Essential Encounters out soon. Mike
Mike,
I only got to speak to you for a minute as you had been away from the table most of the time when I came through.Barry explained to me all that had went on and also how you or one of your brothers had actually went way beyond the call of duty in order to try and help the company providing the dvd get out a higher quality dvd.None of the delay is any of you,your family,or Barry and Genes fault.I think everyone realizes that and will be patient but very satisfied with the finished product when they do receive it.You guys are known for providing quality products.Hope to see you guys back again next year.
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bow man:
Thanks for the pictures and once again Thanks to everyone that stopped by and said Hi and shot our bows. It was great talking to so many of you  

Mike Vines is you son still sleeping with his new bow
That was one of the funniest things that has come out of his mouth, and there have been many.  He asked if he could sleep with his new St. Joe River longbow, and how could I tell him no?  He has found his love.  I just had to make sure the string was off, so there wouldn't be any problems, but why not, he couldn't have been any happier.  Thanks for making my boys smile Dave and Tracy.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing a piece of this great time.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Thanks for all the pictures and info.

Man i would be in so much trouble in a place like that, be in the dog house at least till it happened again next year!!!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Mike, from what I saw on the master DVD that was shown at the show it will be WELL worth the wait. I never thought that any DVD could come close to   Primal Dreams but I think you may have done that with   Essential Encounters. I have never seen more stirring sights and sounds coming from a screen. If anyone can watch this without experiencing an emotional gauntlet from  misty eyed, lump in the throat to total awe, they had better check their pulse for signs of life. My hat is off to all involved in the making of this new DVD.   :clapper:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Although, it was not as crowded on saturday as last year, my voice is still pretty rough from explaining the tool for 9 hours straight on saturday.It was great to explain the shooters how to stretch their dollars much further when is comes to broken wood arrows.  Thanks for stopping by and watch the wood arrow repair demonstrations.

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »

Here is LaClair, Mitten, Wensels, Whip watching the master file of Essential Encounters. We were all impressed. Thanks for the photo ops guys. More coming.

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

You know who they are.

Dwyer & Orion

Jerry Brumm, Great Northern

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics!!!  I went last year for the 1st time and can't put into words what a great experience it was.  I wished I could've made it back this year but it was not in the cards for me.  Glad that I have TradGang to view the pics and hear the stories of everyones experience.

Did anyone try Robertsons new "Hybrid"?
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline lil jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
was xtrema312 serious about not knowing who the wensell boys and mike mitten was?  :eek:  what is this world coming to?  :nono:
I dont hunt to live, I live to hunt... It's better to be the preditor than the prey

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
The Howard Hill Collection. I was told by David Miller of Miller Long Bow that this was the foremost collection of 6 bows that Howard made.

More pics form Hill collection

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
Mike, from what I saw on the master DVD that was shown at the show it will be WELL worth the wait. I never thought that any DVD could come close to   Primal Dreams but I think you may have done that with   Essential Encounters. I have never seen more stirring sights and sounds coming from a screen. If anyone can watch this without experiencing an emotional gauntlet from  misty eyed, lump in the throat to total awe, they had better check their pulse for signs of life. My hat is off to all involved in the making of this new DVD.    :clapper:  
My thoughts exactly Ron!  From what I saw it sure looks like the boys have absolutely nailed what bowhunting means to us all.  As I watched I just kept thinking how amazing it was that they could express so well in a video what I feel so strong in my heart.  To all who raved about Primal Dreams (and that one was amazing in its own right) I really think this one is going to blow it away.  

Can't wait to devour the entire thing!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©