3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sounds like Kalamazoo is hopping!!  (Read 2729 times)

Offline piggy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sounds like Kalamazoo is hopping!!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »
Thank you for sharing, would love to see some more pictures if anyone has some.

Thanks

Paul

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by piggy:
Thank you for sharing, would love to see some more pictures if anyone has some.

Thanks

Paul
For some reason the camera stayed in my pocket...I'll get it out for sure later today and get some good photos.

A person could take pictures all day there.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
Thanks for the photos yellowdog, those were great.  We went up last night for evening and I would say it was the busiest since Glenn St. Charles was up there.  That was insanely busy for a Friday night.  It was great to see some old friends and was really impressed with the new bows and broadheads that I saw.  Wasn't the same old thing. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
When I retire......

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
Do the Wensels have there new DVD at ther booth? Winters dragging...........
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
Let more pics coming...
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
Went on friday this year with LimbLover, hardly could find a parking spot at 5:30! Great show as usual easy to spend LOTS of cash! Got my Asbell wool vest which was the main item I wanted some Douglas Fir shafts from
Allegheny woods, shot some bows, I thought the shooting lines moved quite fast! Was real impressed with Holm longbows! Good people and conversations, lots of fun!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
It was well worth the 3 hr and 15 min drive one way. Got to meet Denny K, Mitch G, Steve O and Young Steve O. and Ed G. What great guys. If you are looking for short recurves, take the time to shoot the St Joe River 56"'r and the RER Retro's. Very, very nice shooting recurves. I also shot a Cari-bow Wolverine that was very nice. What a great time.

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Great pics and posts   :thumbsup:   Thanks for sharing

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics and posts,guys.Can't wait for  more...maybe tonight there will be a bunch more?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
I thought the shooting lines moved quickly, even today. Didn't find a bad bow in the bunch! The new Hunter model from Zipper is a winner. Smooth and quick, just a plain jane shooting machine! I shot South's longbows, and I guess I have come to realize I prefer the mass of a takedown. Got him to agree to build my "ugly" bow. John Dill had bows from Lee Hoots and I think Roy Hall. Both smooth, steady shooters with great grips. The best shelf design goes to the St. Joe's longbows. Loved the arrow clearance and again smooth, quick shooters. Glad to see Dave is carrying the A-way products, bought a turkey call from him. Caribow Wolverine and SuperLynx-WOW!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I had a neat converasation with Barry Wensel about owls after buying a flashlight from him. Met Mike Mitten and thanked him and SteveO for the book "One with the Wilderness" and the "Primal Dreams" dvd that I won here on tradgang. Saw Whip and wished his team good luck next Sunday, had a great talk with Chuck "TwoTracks" and had a chance to show off the vest I got from him, although the building was much warmer than previous years. Got a deal on some wood shafts from Tim at KustomKing. Great time overall!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
I just got back. Big crowds, but the waits for shooting wasn't bad at all. A couple minutes.

I too liked the shelf on the St. Joe's.

Of the bows I shot, my favorites were the Belcher Thunderbird recurve and the Great Plains Swift 1pc.

Of those, the Great Plains Swift 1pc was the bow that stood out head and shoulders above the rest for me, for my personal tastes/style. It's like a 1pc takedown, if that makes any sense. Lots of mass and your hand just locks into the grip.

If I buy a new bow, it'll be a 1pc Swift.

I also bought an American Leathers buffalo arm guard. Very sweet!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
More pics please for those of us who can't make it! Sounds like a real blast! I guess I will go out and do some stump shooting after reading this thread.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Ranger Rick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
i went last night and ran into an old friend. It was busy and everyone was courteous with shooting lines being a good place for conversation. I loved the Rivers Edge bows and was impressed with the Holm made bows as well. A great event.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Great expo as always and left carrying some things out.  The wallet is alot lighter but I have a puurrrttty Tall Tines recurve and a waldrop seat to test out. I hope everyone has safe travels.  It was nice to see some familiar faces.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
People always want to see pic’s.  Well after taking only a few last year and shooting all night last night, today I returned with a camera in hand.  It was hard to shot through the people, but here is my best try at it.  Some of these will be out of order as better shot opportunities came along on passes through the crowds later in the day.  You may find yourself or one of many recognizable characters in these.  I will try and post up a few now and add more as I can as I organize them.

I will start of in the first building with some venders, the used bow area, collections, kids shooting area, self bow making, knapping, and many of the archery organizations.

I now know there is a max of 8 images per post.  this will take a while.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Here is my second batch of pic’s of the first building.  You may spot a well known fellow in this crowd.

For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
Ok one last set of the first building.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
I wish these were better pic’s but there was not time to wait for the perfect opportunity or get in the best spot for a shot.  It was snap shooting!  :archer2:    :D  

Ok I think that is a little taste of the first room.  Now for the walk down to the next building with most of the bow venders and shooting areas.

.jpg[/IMG]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©