3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Judes items won.....  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
St. Judes items won.....
« on: June 08, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
I just got my necklace from Deerslayer1961 and it is amazing. What a deal I got! He was even kind enough to make Chase and Connor their own so they won't steal mine! I plan to wear it tomorrow at the shoot here on our farm. Can't wait!

JC got his feather painting from BKA today as well. WOW....it is amazing. Framed in a gorgeous frame and much, much larger than we imagined. JC has already hung it on the wall in his office/playroom...or "manroom" as he would call it.   :rolleyes:  

So far we have been doubly blessed...the kids were blessed and we have gotten some true treasures with more to come.

Anyone else want to brag about their winnings/blessings?   :biglaugh:

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Judes items won.....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Well I just checked the auction page and my payment was received today SO....I should be getting my 58" Osage ambush bow next week.  In case you missed it, this is one fine looking selfbow made by Huntrdfk (David) with copperhead skins, antler tips and an ostritch leather handle wrap.  Golden Hawk (LeRoy), who put the bow up for the auction, just made up a new string for it and was gracious enough to make up another so I would have a backup.  Before the auction I was planning to take that money and buy another glass longbow...BUT what I got instead was a true work of art by one of our own and the money goes to kids who really need it...talk about a WIN-WIN!  Here are some pics of what I can't wait to get my hands on...

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
It's like Christmas in June....  :bigsmyl:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Although not as fancy as some of the items won. My storytime mug will start a new tradition for me when I'm sipping coffee out of it on opening day of NY bow season. And i cant stop smiling thinking about the stories i might be telling. Not to mention the kids we may have helped.   :archer:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »
Back in 1998 I decided to get back into "traditional" archery. I met Joe Skipp, The owner of Renegade Archery, and from him I bought a 1967 Bear Kodiak Magnum,a Selway slip-on bow quiver,and a dozen of Joe's BEAUTIFUL custom made cedar arrows.

Over the years Joe and I have become very good friends,and I have ALWAYS shot Joe's custom arrows. When I pull one of Joe's arrows out of my quiver and shoot it,I know that arrow is going to fly MUCH straighter than I can shoot LOL!!!!!

Recently.....For his own personal reasons.....Joe has decided to stop selling his "custom made" arrows,and he donated the very last dozen that he made to the St.Jude's auction.....

I GOT'EM!!!!!   :bigsmyl:  I told my lovely wife Lisa that I might put us in the "poor house" but come "Hell or High Water" I was gonna win those arrows!!!!!

Joe is leaving on Saturday for an 8 day black bear hunt in Canada. I wish him "Good Luck"!!!!! I will be waiting for him to return,Then I can go over to his shop and sit and listen to the stories of his hunt,and pick up my new arrows.

I am a VERY lucky man.....   :notworthy:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Miss Kim I'm waiting for your snail-mail. Sent a couple e-mails but no answer as yet. Maybe your bio e-mail is wrong. I checked my underarm deoderant and all ...   :goldtooth:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
The biggest blessing this auction provides for me is the confirmation that there are still good people in this world and they aren't afraid to step up for the right thing.

I won a Marbles knife too.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I won 2 dozen great custom arrow wraps from Onestringer, and also a summit full body harness safety belt in camo fdrom Whip. On top of that, another generous bidder (Shawn West)gave me one of his (2) Bowyer tool sets he won from Eric Krewson. I made out very well indeed.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
I am still patiently waiting for my items.  I have to wait a whole nother week before I get to see my beautiful new Shrew
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fflintlock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »
I've been out of town since the auction ended, made out the checks for my items and stuck'em in the mail box this morrnning, when I got home this afternoon, the mailbox was laying in the yard, with the flag still up. It seems someone clipped the mailbox off with their vehicle,(this is twice in 1 month). I sure hope they don't hit it when my stuff starts comming in !!  :(
 I'll try again in the morrnning. Can't wait too get my hands on the treasures I was lucky enough to get. Not a better way to spend money then for this cause.
Jerald

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
Here's a couple bows I bought in the Auction. Both of these were made by Curt Brisky (a member on here)in his earlier days. After a little touch up and a new coat of finish we have been shooting them. Damon (our Youngest) immediately latched onto the Static tip osage w/snakeskin backing. I favored the osage with painted deer skin backing (I already shoot one of Curts osage w/snakeskin backing bows which has become my favorite). I finished a small brushed rawhide back quiver I had been working on and painted it to go along with this bow. I added one of my wool woven straps and the fun of shooting started. We feel lucky that Todd Pendleton auctioned these and that I was lucky enough to win them. All went for a great cause and we get to shoot the bows. Thanks again to everyone out there. Court & Damon

Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Pretty bows, guys! Ya done gooo-oood!!!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
I just got my quilt donated by 3dmuzzy and his wife. It is a beauty! Thanks so much for such a generous donation. Many here at our archery shoot today were able to see it. Many did not know about TG or the St.Judes auction and we told them how to get in on the fun for next year. What a blessing.....
Thanks tradgang!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
OK - I got a PM from Miss Kim ..... explaining all and giving me her addee ..... only she forgot to put the addee down   :p  

Now, look what y'all gone and done to that poor sweet thang with all that Coook-iessss dough mix - ya done addled her brain - now she's most as bad as me   :biglaugh:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
well I am as happy as a man can get. Got my plates from Mick and Dianne. And best of all they signed them for me. I am almost as happy as the day Shell said she would marry me.   :readit:   .        
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
BTW anybody else think maybe Ferret should have some Tshirts made up with the Lotz Bros saying on it? I know I would buy a couple.<><

TGMM

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
Nice plates Frank...oh and yes, I would buy a shirt!

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
Thanks duck'n. Them shirts would be cool.<><

TGMM

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
WOW UN-REAL   :readit:

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
I'm sure lookin' forward to that rug getting here!! I'll post pictures of it in my house when it gets here.

Also, I wore the soles off my last pair of Danner pronghorn boots, and thats hard to do. Lookin forward to those baby's as well.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©