3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glory HogsII ....Amazing!!  (Read 669 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Glory HogsII ....Amazing!!
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Just watched South Cox's trad hog video. Very impressive! High quality picture, good captioning, super shots and information. Ranks right up there!   :thumbsup:      :clapper:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glory HogsII ....Amazing!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Just watched it in the hotel at KZoo...that was  great! Makes me wanna make some plans for a California hog hunt. The shooting and filming were awesome. Those bows made by that Cox feller weren't too shabby either  :)
Mike Davenport

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
It looked like a great place to hunt hogs. There is one scene where.... you have to watch it to believe it.   :bigsmyl:

Offline Buckhorn3380

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Where could you get a copy?

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
You can purchase a copy from Stalker recurves probably when he gets back from the zoo.  I watched the video this afternoon and it was awesome.  Great footage with some unreal stalks and shots.

Offline Pandaros

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »
I didn't see it on his website, but I'll be watching, thanks fellas. Is it all hogs, or are there some more western hunts?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
All hogs. Great video and scenic shots. I found myself talking to the hunters during the video. Guess I got involved!

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Owlbait, you talking about the scene where it looked like school getting out ? LOL.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Can't wait to see it. I'm putting one together myself(low budget, like me), hopefully adding some footage next weekend.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
Flinttim, sure am! What an amazing shot! I couldn't believe there was that many!

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Did the hunt take place in California if so where?
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
The hunts were filmed at Hillside Ranch in Northern California, it is a Hog hunting Mecca. The other hunter in the movie is Robert Larson.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
When Robert shot that one boar in a tree and he came charging out of there..... well, I don't know about Robert but I near soiled myself ! Holy Moly ! Great video, and the grandson who is now battling the flu will get a huge kick from it. Being a land owner here in Indiana I , for practical reasons, would not want to see hogs take over this area but then again, the hunting would be way too cool.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
I would have needed to change my shorts on a couple of those shots/charges   :scared:  

Is there a way to book a hunt at such a place? The hills and hollows of that place were just beautiful. Seeing and stalking hogs that way would be way cool!
Mike Davenport

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
I'll have the video up on my site, hopefully this weekend.  If you're dying to get it, you can paypal me $15 for the video and $3.50 for shipping to stalkerrecurves.com and then send me an email to [email protected] and I'll ship it right out.  I sent the cover image to my web guy to update, hopefully he is able to jump right on it. If you're interested in booking a hunt there, Bob's # is (707) 847-3727.  The phone rings at his house, so be courteous of the time (Pac time).  His hunts fill up quick.  He only does one hunt a week, one hunter-unless you have a buddy that you want to bring along-then he'll do two guys. He only hunts about half the year.  The pigs really don't know hunting pressure.  He is surrounded by other properties that seem to run their pigs onto his place.  Truly pig heaven if I've ever seen it.  I've been hunting his place since '94 and have NEVER been on the ranch without getting shooting (at least once!).  It is an awesome place, call to get on the list, you won't regret it.

Offline Big-un08

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
I have burned a hole in this one already, and I just received it Saturday. Lots of info and tips for any hog hunter out there.

Chris
Experience is something that you do not get until right after you need it!!!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Man, I watched this video again, and I am booked for a hog hunt in Arkansas in a couple of weeks. It's not Mr Larsen's property but it will have to do for this year. I am going to give him a call, as I dream of hunting blacktails someday and can't imagine going near there without looking into hunting hogs like that! Now when my new Stalker longbow gets here they are in trouble   :help:
Mike Davenport

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
Just ordered mine!  :thumbsup:  Hopefully he mailed it next day air!!!     :D

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
Just sent paypal for my copy.  Looking forward to watching this one.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »
This DVD is phenominal!  I was lucky enough to have Mike Gerardi(thanks again bud) pick one up for me at K-zoo and send it to me right after...

The videography is absolutely top notch, and the hunting scenes are as good as I've ever seen...ever!

It's hard to descibe how good this hog hunting DVD really is. I guarantee that anyone who watches this will be blown away!

Terry G. just happened to call me as I was watching it for the first time. His call was perfect timing....I'd just watched the opening hunt and was so fired up I had to share with someone. You can ask him how fired up I was about it...and I was only 5 minutes into it!

I think what I told him was that just this opening hunt is worth twice the money they're asking for it!

If you love hunting hog, long to roam the hill of northern Cali, or just appreciate a great trad hunting DVD...this one is a must have!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©