3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kids tube quiver project  (Read 259 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Kids tube quiver project
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
A while back I posted looking for sources for nylon strapping and hardware.  I got so great help as always, and a request or two for some pic’s when finished.  

I use an Arrow Master most of the time.  The kids wanted some like mine for 3D shoots after getting hooked on them last summer.   My son wanted a short one he could use as a tube quiver or reverse and pull arrows from the top.  He wanted his feathers to stick out.  My daughter wanted a standard tube quiver with the feather protected. Each selected their own fabric for cover.  We used plotter paper tubes I get from work along with the spool plugs to cap the bottoms.  A thin piece of plastic plus the foam keeps any arrows from getting out the spool hole.  Most of the spools are gray so we covered my son’s with fabric.  I did find one purple one so my daughter was fine with that uncovered.  

For foam I had a hunk of black foam.  It was easy to cut and shape with a hack saw.  I just cut it a little large and friction fit it for a good fit and nice look despite the cut being a little rough with the saw cut.

Fabric is applies with waterproof glue.  The straps are anchored with rivets using small washers to prevent pull through.  I left a loop of strap on the bottom so we could add a carabiner clip or something to attach other items like the Arrow Master has.  The kids like that idea.  These are just for target shooting so we didn’t line the inside to keep the arrows quiet.

I almost showed these on the custom quiver thread, but the craftsmanship on that thread it too high for out little project.

1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline $bowhunter$

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kids tube quiver project
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
those ar to good. u should have posted them on the thread. i kinda like the girrafe spoted one  :D
"SHOOT STRAIT" - something im still working twards

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
VERY nice indeed! I see no flaws in the craftsmanship here, and I am sure that the wearers of these fine quivers are very proud of their choices and decisions in their well-executed products.   :readit:  
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
Those are outstanding.  The kids will enjoy them, I am sure.  I will have to get my little nephew and we will make one for him.  Thanks for sharing.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©