3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Unit #1 in Kansas  (Read 278 times)

Offline brian brooks

• Trad Bowhunter
Unit #1 in Kansas
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
Have a chance to do some deer hunting in this unit and was wondering if any of you guys or gals have hunted it?If so,was there more mulies or whitetails.Thanks for any responses.Brian
brian brooks

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Unit #1 in Kansas
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
if I had to guess .... 25% mule deer 75% whitetail

I love the country, love the people .... I'm actually talking tomorrow to a guy about a job in South/West Cental NE .... about 40 miles from the KS border and one of the main reasons is the small town atmosphere and the great hunting

Offline brian brooks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
Thanks Brad, I have an invite to hunt some private land and have never been to that part of Kansas.Probably going to make a trip there in Feb.or March for some shed hunting/scouting.The fella talks like a pretty decent population of deer on this prperty.Good luck on your job in Neb.Hope all goes well
brian brooks

Offline Buckhorn3380

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Kansas, there's not a bad unit in the state Good Luck and safe hunting

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
no compound talk, let alone kills, thank you

Offline brian brooks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
stykshooter, what does no compound talk,let alone kills mean on my post.Nothing about either on it.Just wondering
brian brooks

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Hi Spitzski,

Dood, I have a few contacts in Kansas. I will call them and see if I can get any info for ya.

Peter Iacavazzi

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Brian:  Hunted unit 3 last year, unit just east of unit 1. Most of the country is very open, lots of crop land. Just about all the trees are along the waterways,deer are very visible and I thought easy to pattern. It's probably very different from where you hunt now, but has very nice deer weight and rack wise. If you got crops and river or creek bottom on the property you got it made.  RW
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Its a good unit to hunt I have buddy that hunts it but manly for spoot and stalk mulies but they have big whitetails also I go there there with work and see them a lot

Offline brian brooks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
Thanks guys, The farm/ranch does have a small river cutting it in half,so there is cover to hunt there.Heading that way in late Feb. or early March,sout'n and shed'n.If and when winter lets up....Ha,Hey Peter good to here from ya how are things out your way?Tried to call ya couple times,but i know your a busy guy.You are coming to Iowa this fall,right?E-mail or call me sometime.Again thank you everyone.  Brian
brian brooks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©