3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bibs..Cabelas or Dayone  (Read 162 times)

Offline DXH

• Trad Bowhunter
Bibs..Cabelas or Dayone
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Wanted some input..Looking at the cabelas bowhunter xst bibs or either a set from dayone.

Pros: Cabelas is water proof fleece
         Dayone: Custom fit to my inseam (hard to fit)

Day-one is only water-resistant..but truthfully I don't hunt in the rain, only afterwards but i still don't want a wet keester

Anyone have a recommendation of bucksuede over fleece?
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Offline GoBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bibs..Cabelas or Dayone
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
I have some Day One camo.  Good stuff.  My bibs are fleece with windstop and insulation.  Very very warm, not exactly waterproof.  You'll eventually get wet.  Bucksuede might be better for water resistance.  Best of luck!

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
I've got two sets of bibs from Cabelas, a set of Revolution Fleece, and a set of Outfitter wool.  Both have the Dry-Plus rain barrier.  I still manage to be in wet conditions from dew, or after a rain even though I don't like to hunt during a rain so the Dry-Plus barrier is nice.  It also blocks the wind.  I like the Outfitter wool the best since it is so quiet and comfortable but the Revolution Fleece is warmer and doesn't get as heavy when wet.  If you are hunting in Alabama, I would go with the Outfitter wool, very nice bibs for the money IMO.

I have no experience with Day One gear, but read good things.

Offline David Atkinson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
You may want to check out the MT050 at cabelas i,ve got a pair and flat out love them.

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
I have some Dayone bibs and they are very warm and dry, and repel burs.  One complaint-  I have washed the bibs  twice and the Bucksuede camo pattern faded. It also has a slight sheen to it that I hate.  I have been busted more wearing this bib and jacket combo in the last two years than ever before in 20 plus years of hunting.  I am going back to wool this year.  (damn the burs!!!)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©