3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator Bows  (Read 939 times)

Offline IronJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator Bows
« on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Considering trying a 58" Hunter's Niche 'Predator' 3 piece recurve. Anyone have some comments on these fine looking bows? Thanks...........IJ
Fedora Bows, Easton Arrows, BigJim Quivers & Bear Razorheads!

Offline The Great Jashu

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator Bows
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
I have a set of 58" limbs, they function just like the 60", except maybe a little faster. Their limb design is as good as it gets. You wont be sorry.
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Offline kybownut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Great bow for the price,or any price for that matter.
60" predator hunter 46# @28"
maddog bamboo backed hickory elb 53# @28"
traditional bowhunting is more than a choice of equipment!

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Ron makes a great bow.  Are you looking at a Hunter or a Custom model?  
These bows are great performers!  I'd like to see a little more "custom" look offered on the high end bows...like curved flare, etc. as Ron has some beautiful woods he's building with.
Love the looks of hin new custom limb lams!  The old black glass was just a little plain IMO.
Great Bows!!!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
"I'd like to see a little more "custom" look offered on the high end bows...like curved flare, etc. as Ron has some beautiful woods he's building with."  
LoweBow .. can you get clear glass on both sides of the limbs now? Not that long ago I called to see if I could have a custom built with clear glass on both sides and Ron said they wouldn't do that ... only one side.

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I own 3. Love them all. Smooth, fast, quiet and priced decent. I don't think you'll regret it.

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
SS...not sure as I haven't talked to Ron in a while....I did see on the KZoo pics that he has nice wood lams now, but I really don't know as his site doesn't show it.  May have to call him as he hasn't been down to bowfish in a few years now.
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline hockey7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
I was shooting one at K'zoo over the week-end. It was 55#, 60". Never felt like 55, it was so smooth. And it was the fastest bow I shot there. It consistantly shot about 4" higher than all the others at the bag target. Even heard comments behind me how fast (and accurate) it was. It's on my short list.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
I mostly shoot hybrids now.  I dabble with a recurve or two a year, but they don’t stay around long.  I used to shoot all recurve 40 years ago when I first started archery and then bow hunting.  I have always had a couple old Pearsons and Indians I shot for fun even when I went mostly to compounds for hunting.  When I got a lot more serious about shooting trad full time a few years ago, my first modern bow was a Predator.  I got it after my first visit to the Kzoo expo three years ago.  I shot all kinds of recurves there, and the Predator was the best shooting for me then.  I shot it a while and then moved on to other bows due to my interest in lighter hybrid type LB’s.

This year after shooting about 40 different bows at the expo I picked up a Predator before heading out the door Sunday to wait another year for the expo to come around again.  Like every year at the expo since I first shot one, it shot lights out for me.  So smooth, fast, stable…………….  And like all past years, I just shook my head and smiled as I walked out the door.  

I saw some nice veneers on the Predators and a real low gloss hunting finish on some.  I didn’t pick one up that had clear glass and veneers on the belly of the bow.

I have a half dozen bows I really want to find used so I can play with them more to see how I really like them.  I found one I think I have to order new now.  I know I will have to get another Predator before long and I can’t figure why I ever got rid of the one I had other than not knowing how good I had it at the time.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
I have shot many different bows over the years but the Predator Hunter is now my go-to-bow.  I shoot it better than any bow I have ever had my hand on.  Love the grip...smooth drawing...shoots where you are looking.  Can ya' tell, I like mine!   :bigsmyl:
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
i have a 58in custom
with the smaller grip shoots like a dream
smooth as budder and fast
i draw just under 30 in and have no issues

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
I've bought three Predator's, 1 Custom Classic and a Custom Anniversary for myself and a Custom Classic for my son.  They are terrific bows! I've never handled one that wasn't a 60" recurve.  They are very smooth drawing--so smooth I've had to weigh mine a couple of times to verify the correct draw length. I love the retro look of these recurves but not "too retro". They take me back to the 69-70 era Super K's.

Sometimes I don't know why I work so hard to shoot some bows that have more "exotic reputations" when the Predator is hanging there ready to show me...again!

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Lot of guys at the Tues  nite Trad league I go to shoot Predator takedowns, they swear by them!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Offline Bmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
I have 3 sets of limbs for my 2 Classic risers.  2 sets are 60" and 1 58".  I really like the 58" better and am ordering another set soon.  You can't go wrong with Predators.  Their new "Hunter Deluxe" riser (actionwood in a couple of color options) is also pretty cool.  One of those will probably find its way home with me some day.

Offline IronJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
How good is the finish on the Predator? Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like a great bow....IJ
Fedora Bows, Easton Arrows, BigJim Quivers & Bear Razorheads!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
I think the finish is very good. The limb fit is very good but maybe not as near seamless as Blacktails and Schafers. I assume the 58" Predator has the same riser but inch shorter limbs on top and bottom?  Can one tell much difference in smoothness of draw with the 58"'s compared to 60"? I didn't even know until recently you could get 58" Predator limbs. My draw is only 26" so 58" bows and I get along quite well.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
You will find the finish on a Predator as good as any around.

Along with a world class bow, you get world class service from these guys.

They are built to hunt and will compliment your shooting ability.

Mine will be buried with me...just in case I CAN take it with me.

Offline C.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I love mine . I have the 58" model and for me it is my most accurate bow. I like the grip and the low cut shelf.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Yes, I have a comment on the Predator bows....................they're my favorite, as most people know because I never miss an opportunity to post plenty of pics!!   :rolleyes:    :cool:    :archer:    

58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
Sharp looking bow.....I keep telling myself I do not need another one....but maybe.............Scott
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©