3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fiberglass damage  (Read 268 times)

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
Fiberglass damage
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Is it possible to repair fiberglass? I have a an old bear bow that is a great bow and it has a thin peice of fiberglass that has broken loose on the back of the limb. The laminations are NOT sepereating! Would it be possible to fix it or if it cant be fixed could it be shot still? I will try to get some pics of it put on here in the next day or so.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fiberglass damage
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
Post it on the Trad History,Collecting forum.There are some good bow repair guys over there.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Definately need the images.  A slight ship off the edge is minor.  A perpendicular divot across the limb may be of much more concern.

Locktite 420 or one of the medium CA (cyanoacrylate) "super" glues can be used for the minor dings.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
The peice is about 1/16 to 1/8 of inch wide, about 8 inches long and about as thick as half a finger nail. I runs down the back of the limb.

Offline don s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
post in trad history/collecting forum. bow doc is the guy you want to ask.
                           don

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by coachA:
The piece is about 1/16 to 1/8 of inch wide, about 8 inches long and about as thick as half a finger nail. I runs down the back of the limb.
That puts it out of my league and (IMHO) into the majors.  What DonS said - check in the Trad Collecting forum for suggestions from the big dogs.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=14
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©